Okami HD

Garrett

Advanced Member
Just a heads up for those out there that weren't aware it's now out on PC, Xbone & PS4 http://www.okami-game.com/

Not sure why I never got round to playing this on the PS2/3 & but am now really looking forward to experiencing it for the first time, heard it's limited to 30fps & is lacking in visual options on the PC but that ain't necessarily gonna ruin the experience (at least for me) and besides if the game is as cherished as I think there's a pretty good chance the modders will come to it's rescue soon enough.

No Linux support and I don't own a ps4 or xbone :p so doesn't change anything for me.
Why would it be capped at 30 thou? I would think that modern hardware would be able to run this at 60. Looks beautiful.

No Linux support and I don't own a ps4 or xbone :p so doesn't change anything for me.
Why would it be capped at 30 thou? I would think that modern hardware would be able to run this at 60. Looks beautiful.
Probably because the engine was designed from the ground up with 30fps in mind. As was apparently quite common on a lot of older 3D console games. Changing the framerate breaks the logic or something similar.

I have yet to finish Okami, as I first tried the Wii version, and stopped. Then when the HD PS3 version was released, I started it again, and got pretty far, but stopped once a second time. While I think it was a pretty good game, that fact that I stopped playing it each time, means maybe it wasn't my cup of tea I suppose.

Great art, and game design, but I always found it hard to know where to go next, or what to do. In a game like Zelda, that's OK, as exploring and finding secrets can be part of the fun. But Okami really didn't have that factor, so if I wasn't doing what was needed, the game didn't move forward. I could have used a guide, but that defeats the purpose of even playing a game IMO. I doubt I'll ever try it again, as it's just to much to go thru again, but it's great to see a game like this get new versions, for new generations to try.

Chris

IIRC I finished Okami on PS2, but faded towards the end of Okamiden on Nintendo DS when I got to the newly designed levels. Okami does lead you through the first few levels then dump you in the field once you're able to handle yourself against monsters. I did always find the pay off after a moment of wandering aimlessly always made up for any frustration I'd previously experienced.

Back