Oh No The Pandora D-pad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zohnnyg

man i saw the pandora d-pad today in the newest pandora vid by msweston. im kinda worried about it because it looks like the same type of d-pad my saitek pc controller had. i was playing mugen with my saitek pc controller and was shooting repeated fireballs ken haduken style and my stupid d-pad broke at the stem. that controller was awesome and worked so great but i never knew how easy it was to break it. im thinking the pandora d-pad (not the analog nub sticks) could break at the stem just the same way and as easily playing any game. i think the playstaion 2 or even the original nes d-pad would be better and you wouldnt have to worry about it breaking so easily. by breaking at the stem i mean the part under the d-pad that the d-pad is on. its like a little stick that the d-pad is on. so on the pandora is the d-pad on a stem? or is it different? can we get a look at a screenshot of what it looks like under the d-pad? i dont have any way to put a pic of my broken d-pad on here to show you exactly what i mean. man this sucks.

The OP team said the pandora will come with a warranty. I doubt the d-pad will break anyway, and we have no reason to think otherwise.

That controller has a defective d-pad. I know because I broke two of them. I've used plenty of other controllers with similarly styled d-pads and haven't broke any others.

Last edited by a moderator:
CODE
http://www.pandoratr.com/images/gallery/prototype/stylus.jpg

We don't see the underside here, but the fact that it's sitting fairly flat suggests to me that it uses a pivot similar to SNES (which is an unbreakable design).

What we do know is that a massive amount of thought and care has gone into the controls, by gamers who know what it's like to be let down by bad design. Granted, we won't know for ourselves until we get our Pandoras, but we've got plenty of reason to trust in DaveC's design input.

'zohnnyg' said:
man i saw the pandora d-pad today in the newest pandora vid by msweston. im kinda worried about it because it looks like the same type of d-pad my saitek pc controller had. i was playing mugen with my saitek pc controller and was shooting repeated fireballs ken haduken style and my stupid d-pad broke at the stem. that controller was awesome and worked so great but i never knew how easy it was to break it. im thinking the pandora d-pad (not the analog nub sticks) could break at the stem just the same way and as easily playing any game. i think the playstaion 2 or even the original nes d-pad would be better and you wouldnt have to worry about it breaking so easily. by breaking at the stem i mean the part under the d-pad that the d-pad is on. its like a little stick that the d-pad is on. so on the pandora is the d-pad on a stem? or is it different? can we get a look at a screenshot of what it looks like under the d-pad? i dont have any way to put a pic of my broken d-pad on here to show you exactly what i mean. man this sucks.
Wait, what? That's the same basic D-Pad that's been in use since the mid 80s. I've had them on any number of controllers. Just because it looks like a D-Pad doesn't mean it bears any similarity beyond that to a particular controller.

Also, as much as I hate to complain about grammar and spelling, this was quite hard to read.

'hedwards' said:
'zohnnyg' said:
Wait, what? That's the same basic D-Pad that's been in use since the mid 80s. I've had them on any number of controllers. Just because it looks like a D-Pad doesn't mean it bears any similarity beyond that to a particular controller.

Also, as much as I hate to complain about grammar and spelling, this was quite hard to read.

It's even harder to read without any sense of paragraphs, lines, just a huge wall of text that discourages people from reading it.

Sorry, but these kind of things really aggravate me ;)

OP's concerns have been addressed, so I'm going to do him a favor and lock this before the grammar squad lynches him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back