Oh Dear....teething F200 Troubles!

Damo

Still Fresh
Hmmm....so far I've had the odd issue with the F200. You can see the "mapping dots" for the touch screen all the time and the power switch is stiff but more recently and more annoyingly the D pad is freezing or rather locking up in the ^ position. No explanation why but suddenly it's constantly on. Occasionally I'll switch the unit on and I can't move the menus via the D pad either.

This is sooo annoying. It's a brilliant device but where's the quality control.

Doh!

Damo said:
Hmmm....so far I've had the odd issue with the F200. You can see the "mapping dots" for the touch screen all the time and the power switch is stiff but more recently and more annoyingly the D pad is freezing or rather locking up in the ^ position. No explanation why but suddenly it's constantly on. Occasionally I'll switch the unit on and I can't move the menus via the D pad either.

This is sooo annoying. It's a brilliant device but where's the quality control.

Doh!
*Hears rumble in the distance*

Better get out of here before I get crushed beneath the stampede of "I hate the F-200!!!!!" comments that this thread will generate. :lol:

I'm just kidding... kinda.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be really interested in seeing a picture of the "mapping dots". Is it possible for you to post a picture, please ?

Probably wrong terminology but theres an entire grid of them across the screen. Seen in the light when off and seen on the white startup screen and a lot of menu backdrops. Would be hard to photo. May try. Just looks like dust.

Damo said:
Probably wrong terminology but theres an entire grid of them across the screen. Seen in the light when off and seen on the white startup screen and a lot of menu backdrops. Would be hard to photo. May try. Just looks like dust.
The "mapping dots" are spacers that separate the two layers of the touch screen. The touch screen is activated when the two layers connect (occurs when the stylus is pushed against the top layer); the spacers keep the layers apart until a force is applied. They are a necessary feature of this particular touch screen technology, and you can see the same thing on the DS' bottom screen. In my F200, at least, it's no more noticeable than on the DS, but based on GPH's reputation as hardware builders, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more pronounced on yours.

You can see them more or less all the time. Had touch screen items before and never had them spoil the picture before.

Fruity Nutter said:
I'm on my third already !!! :(
Third!!!

Where from?

I've been told non in stock for two weeks. Tempted to just return it and sit it out as I've never had the "dots" issue before that have been visible when using an item and the D-pad lock up is driving me nuts.

Got mine on Monday. Played with it for an hour or two and it was great. Turned it back on yesterday evening to continue to play around with it, worked for about a half hour then it stopped seeing the SD card. Tried it with 3 other cards of different makes and sizes same thing. Cards check out in reader on my computer and supplied USB SD reader. Guess it's going back :( Been told there won't be any in stock till the first or second week of December

grid on my white DS lite too ..nothing annoying just normal thing
you see them better when device is turned off
technology :)

euro48k said:
grid on my white DS lite too ..nothing annoying just normal thing
you see them better when device is turned off
technology :)
Hmmm....I'd class it as quite annoying. More annoying is the the Up button jamming on!

Doh! Loving the discovery of some great retro games through the emulators and will persevere if I can.

On some Nintendo DSs (and some Lites) you could see the grid a lot easier than the majority. Seems a common thing for small touchscreens. It's just a thing you have to get used to I'm afraid.

Back