Official Gph Sdk Online

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
The official GPH SDK is now online in Korea. It's available for Windows and Linux and an English documentation is included. As it's not announced for use outside Korea I uploaded it to my server and not the archive.
Proceed with caution...

Homepage (Korean): Here.

Download Mirror: Linux.
Download Mirror: Windows.

u9i said:
Did anyone notice the debugging part. They suggest using wifi :) I guess the wifi dongle must be right around the corner (i hope)
just installed it but had no time yet to test :) but wifi debugging sound cool B)

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:
Did anyone notice the debugging part. They suggest using wifi :) I guess the wifi dongle must be right around the corner (i hope)

I think this means one is supposed to connect a suitable wifi stick (Ralink RT2870) to the breakout board?

Has anyone managed to get this working under Vista?

When I try to compile I get either of the messages below (depending whether I'm compiling C or C++).

cc1.exe has stopped working
cc1plus.exe has stopped working

This happens both in Codeblocks and when invoking either gcc or g++ from the command line.

I've set the MinGW environment variable and added the path but this hasn't solved it.

The included 2D examples builds perfectly for Win32 but has the game crash when trying to build for Wiz.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks

Dave

I tried the SDK yesterday evening. And I must say, I'm impressed! I followed the instructions of the english manual, and I was able to create a new Hello World project and to compile it for Windows and the Wiz. Thank you GPH. Keep up the good work.

@Dave18: I use also Vista. It's important to look at the target build settings of the wiz in the manual and to copy them exactly.

The SDK also includes a game engine, the davinci game engine, but apart from the example provided in the SDK there is not much documentation about the engine. I think that it is possible to build an opengl es application with the game engine, but I couldn't find how to do it.

I must also note that the latest firmware needs to be installed on the wiz to run the programmas build with the SDK.

The SDK also includes a game engine, the davinci game engine, but apart from the example provided in the SDK there is not much documentation about the engine. I think that it is possible to build an opengl es application with the game engine, but I couldn't find how to do it.

Yes, unfortunately the documentation for the DEG functions is only available in Korean yet...

Link.

How easy is it to use this? I've built a few odds and ends for linux before, but I'm not a programmer - would it be easy to just get a linux source (ok an ARM linux source) and recompile it with this? Would a gp2X source just recompile without having to change any code? I know I'm thick for even asking this, so please feel free to make a mockery of me. I have done a miniscule amount of 'C' coding before, perhaps I should refresh and expand my pathetic knowledge before I start farting around with these things. I once built my own linux kernel and when I booted it it worked lovely till the gfx driver kicked in - then my monitor blew up. Really - it blew up, I think the refresh rate caused it to overload spectacularly. I'm reluctant to compile anything now for fear of seeing smoke billowing out of my PC/Wiz.

can somebdy please translate the using visual studio document to english , i would like to try plugging it into VS 2008 and well errr its all in korean

After reading this post I wondered if my issues were related to Cygwin. Sure enough a quick search revealed several versions of cygwin1.dll on my system and this was causing incompatibilities. I removed them all and installed the latest version of cygwin and all seems to work.

Just to be safe I removed the cygwin dlls from the toolchain bin directory and added an additional path in codeblocks toolchain executable pointing to the c:\cygwin\bin directory to ensure it always uses the latest install.

Back