Official European release date!

Arda

Website
arda.kisafilm.org
Bad news for us. We expected the release will be in November but as I read in gp32news, mitsui announced that release will be the first week of March 2004.

anyway, we have a official release date now.

If this news is true I'd say its looking more and more likely there won't be a Euro release at all.

By then the PSP will be on its way, the Zodiac & Ngauge will have good ground and the GBA2 will also be around the corner.

The GP32 will just look underpowered... If i was gamepark i'd forget the SD support and whack in a 266MHZ cpu and 64meg of RAM - but I bet they don't.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

then where dose this leave us....i was looking forward to capcom game's..and stuff....
i think this is a bad move and will kill gamepark as a company...no-one will write programme's for it....my gp32 will fade into obscurerily...
i think i need to start savin' for a zodiac

The zodiac isnt even a handheld console, its a palm pc. So why people are comparing it ill never know.

GBA2 surely wont be as good as the Gp32 because the gba is much slower than gp32 and i doubt they will put much more horsepower into their next version, even if they do i cant see it being much better.

as for ngage the games on it suck ass compared to any hand held, and basically it just looks cool and can be a phone too.

Shadow of Chaos posted on Oct 15 2003 at 06:45 PM said:
The zodiac isnt even a handheld console
have you not seen tony hawk's 4 or spy hunter?

Last edited by a moderator:
:( if this new release date is true, than this is a letdown for anyone who owns a GP32! i was looking foward to some new,english language commercial games from 3rd party software companys to help bring this handheld more exposure which i think its not getting because of the language barrier of the commercial games out for it right now.it can do so much more than just play those korean games,but i think that having english titles to showcase the system to people who are thinking of getting one would really help.

Gp32 never lived. It was dead when they released it along shoddy official release titles which didnt even come close to games on the gba. Since then there was practically no new official game released. And even the lineup for the european launch doesnt include anything new, rather they left out astonishia story.

So, its dead. Just bear with it, you can still pick it up and play some bomberman via rflink, even if gamepark ceases to exist.

I agree with Craig, unless they are upgrading the h/w (or releasing it very, very cheap) then it won't stand a chance in Europe...

By March the Sony hype machine will be in full force for the PSP and Nintendo are due to reveal their new "revolutionary" hardware at (or before) E3.

If the N gage can't even make a dent in the handheld sales (the ratio is 30:1 for GBA:Ngage sales in europe) with a huge marketing campaign, PSX quality games and more functionality- how is the current GP32 going to fare?? The only thing going for it is the ability to play homebrew s/w and emu's free of charge.

The only benefit from the delay is the possibility that they will seriously upgrade the f/w and usability. Frankly, if the link software, gpcinema and mp3 software was released in it's current form, there would be a LOT of complaints from the mainstream gaming community. The only reason why a lot of people put up with it here is that we like "tinkering" around with things!!

I also have a feeling that the GP32 scene will be close to death by that point, we seem to have gone past the peak with new emulator releases. Honestly, what else can be acheived on the current hardware?

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood :unsure: (read that as still waiting for the friggin' gp32spain competition results) but things aren't looking that rosy...

Ah well...

I'm supposed to be reviewing the GP32 for the newspaper I write for, next month, as that's when we thought it would be coming out in the UK. Never mind, I'll still get a press pack (I hope :) )

Hi all.
I dont know if the news about "release date" is true or not... I think it is 'coz on a good website.
But the GP32 community wont change at all (I hope) because the GP32 has never been released to beat a GBA & I dont think GamePark thought more than 1second to make Nintendo sell less GBA.
All the good devrs like Craig (for Doom port) or all the others who took part with GP32 dev will stay on this h/w 'coz there's still things to discover.
133MHz is enough to play. A handheld doesnt have to clock at 2.66GHz or to score 15K points with 3dmark2004. Its only something to make a journey funier and thats all.
Maybe Im right Maybe Im wrong but that is my feeling.
I love my GP32 & all the games Im playing with. Even if the GP32 die due to the late release Iwont change for nothing (except maybe a GP64 ;) )

See you
I know that this was not the main purpose of this forum to explain how I feel about it but...I needed to write that. sorry

Back