Official European release date!

just read on gp32news:

-----------------------------------------------
Wednesday 22 October 2003 @ 11:36
I have very bad news.

I just had a call with Mitsui and unfortunatly, they deceided to cancel the european release of the GP32.

In those dark days, GP32news.com will still support the GP32 as we still love it.

You can put your comments HERE
FX-Man
-----------------------------------------------

what's that about? is he kidding? didn't he understand him correctly???????

bad, bad news. Today was bad day for me, and now it's even bad.
As many of us expected, mitsui cancelled the european launch.

In my opinion, launch of zodiac has significant effect on this. This was the last chance of gp32 and now gp32 will vanish slowly.

But at least we already have good set of emulators and if some cool hardware-modification guys invent some interesting "things" to do with gp32 then we can expect a little more movement on gp32 before it dies.

But I can live with its current state, and maybe I can start coding for gp32 for my own needs/fun.

Oh my...this is DISASTROUS news. The GP32 really is dead then.

Trust me to once again buy a piece of hardware that dies within a year of purchase :angry: (I bought a Amiga1200 in 93)

My greatest concern is that the emu developers for our handheld will now begin to all walk away :(

I agree with CraigX, the GP32 just needs its Genesis, SNES (and Lynx ;) ) emus sped up and MOST DEFINITELY a Amstrad CPC emulator. Then perhaps it will have fulfilled its potential. (Amiga and MAME emus were always unlikely after all)

Please oh please a Amstrad CPC emu someone...its all I want from the GP32 - more than anything in fact. :eek:

Back