ODROID-XU - Exynos5 Octa big.LITTLE arm board for $149

I don't know, the fan draws half of the total current?  If we chunk the fan....and stick in 2 batteries like the Shield?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've received my Odroid-XU.

It's quite a neat board.

It's got built in thermal throttling, so if it hits 95c, it throttles back the clocks.

I'm thinking, get a second Pandora case. Strip off the external interfaces and the fan on the XU .

Some spare nubs.

Make a 4 layer PCB with the keyboard matrix, STMPE610, battery charger circuitry and physical interfaces - and ribbon cable in to it from the XU

Put in a 3D printed shim between the bottom halves of the case to make the pandora case thicker.

Put in a horizontal fan which is only powered on if the P1.75 is plugged in to the mains.

Get an AMS465GS01-1 and an ATP047A070A.

And end up with a nice 720p nippy little blighter, that's only a little thicker than a P1, but doesn't need Samsung's cooperation...

I've received my Odroid-XU.

It's quite a neat board.

It's got built in thermal throttling, so if it hits 95c, it throttles back the clocks.

I'm thinking, get a second Pandora case. Strip off the external interfaces and the fan on the XU .

Some spare nubs.

Make a 4 layer PCB with the keyboard matrix, STMPE610, battery charger circuitry and physical interfaces - and ribbon cable in to it from the XU

Put in a 3D printed shim between the bottom halves of the case to make the pandora case thicker.

Put in a horizontal fan which is only powered on if the P1.75 is plugged in to the mains.

Get an AMS465GS01-1 and an ATP047A070A.

And end up with a nice 720p nippy little blighter, that's only a little thicker than a P1, but doesn't need Samsung's cooperation...
Please for the love of god if you make this post a tutorial on Instructables.com

Please for the love of god if you make this post a tutorial on Instructables.com
Wish I had the time & money :) However the biggest stumbling block would be getting the screen - no one seems to be able to provide them.

Back