Odd SD card behavior

Serafita

Still Fresh
My transcend 32GB SD card has gone a little bit weird on me and I was wondering if anyone could help. :D

When loaded into the Pandora, it works fine - I can delete files, and permanently remove them from the trash bin.

However, when I try to do the same in Windows - it claims it's write-protected. The switch is obviously off, and yet it still seems to think it's write-protected.

I've ordered a new SD card reader to see if it's the reader or not, but while I'm waiting, any suggestions I can try out?

Try to scan the filesystem in Windows and let is correct any errors. It is fat32 formatted I guess?

Try to scan the filesystem in Windows and let is correct any errors. It is fat32 formatted I guess?
It's fat32, and windows won't let me scan it due to being write-protected, haha. I've just looked up the compatibility page here, and despite what it says there, my card has been working fine over the last year with windows 7 allowing me to add and remove data from the card whenever I need to.

I'm thinking it's the reader, but you can always try to boot an Ubuntu Live CD to see if drivers could be mucking it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very likely the socket, the write switch

is a micro switch on the side of the socket

that measures whether there is a notch or not.

Try another computer, likely the card will be r/w

dave

It is very likely the socket, the write switch

is a micro switch on the side of the socket

that measures whether there is a notch or not.

Try another computer, likely the card will be r/w

dave
Do you mean the actual reader (a fujifilm adaptor) is probably messed up? I would try my laptop, but it's broke at the moment, haha.

>Do you mean the actual reader (a fujifilm adaptor) is probably messed up?

Yes, I have had this happen before.

I disassembled adapter and tweaked the spring/linkage

so that it worked correctly

dave

Back