i can't empty trash

ahahah

when i right-click on the trash to empty it, it says "failed to remove"+filename "read only file system"

when i "open" the trash the files icons have padlock on them.

i presume the trash is not on the sd card but on the pandora so i can't delete files indefinitely without empty the trash.

but i can't empty it. i can't manualy delete the files in the trash because they have the padlock logo.

Hold shift while deleting a file to not send it to trash, but delete it directly.

Update the OS (in the System menu) to get a version of Thunar with the trash disabled and not worry about it.

Update the OS (in the System menu) to get a version of Thunar with the trash disabled and not worry about it.
That's new to me. Was this announced somewhere?

... woah, that's a huge list of things being updated!!

No info on what it all was or what changed though (at least not in human-readable form).

Oh, and Thunar still moves to trash for me, or do I have to "reboot for the changes to take effect"?

Trash onto Pandora means it moves the files to the NAND, should be generaly avoided since the space there is very limited. I usualy delete with shift+del, also possible with the dropdown del option from Thunar or right click and select del while holding shift. 

No info on what it all was or what changed though (at least not in human-readable form).

Oh, and Thunar still moves to trash for me, or do I have to "reboot for the changes to take effect"? 
The update is still a beta feature of the 1.52 OS. Stuff is regularly pushed to it and so far it hasn't broken anything but I don't think EvilDragon is quite ready to give it an official seal of approval.And yes, you need to reboot (technically just kill and restart Thunar, but a reboot is probably easier and faster :p )

i've just upgraded and i've reboot.

now i can't boot because the screen is stopped at a black scrren with last line:

" irectorycan't read '/lib/modules/3.2.30/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/bufferclass_ti.ko': no such file or d "

i shouldn't upgrade :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i've upgraded pandora os but  after reboot, the trash is always on the desktop.

i have tryed to delete a file and it was send to trash.

trash is supposed to be disabled? isn't it?

you talked about thunar, what is it?

The full flash is not the latest version. Use the upgrade Pandora OS feature in the system-menu afterwards.

yes it is done. it is what i said above.

but after reflashing, upgrading and rebooting the trash is always on the desktop and seems not to be disabled.

The trash won't disappear, but Thunar doesn't put anything into it as default configuration.

yes it is done. it is what i said above.

but after reflashing, upgrading and rebooting the trash is always on the desktop and seems not to be disabled.
I have deleted the trash icon months ago, long before it was deactivated properly.

The full flash is not the latest version. Use the upgrade Pandora OS feature in the system-menu afterwards.
I didn't know much about that Pandora Upgrade app. How often should one use this app?. In other words every when are we supposed to upgrade the os through this app?.It would be great if there would be an update manager that automatically checks if new updates are avaliable, not sure if that is possible though.

I think if you have a problem, that can be solved with an upgrade, you should do it. Else wait until it is officially advised to upgrade.

The trash won't disappear, but Thunar doesn't put anything into it as default configuration.
in my case when i create a new folder and delete it (for testing) it is deleted in the trash whereas it shouldn't be.

yo speak about a default configuration. since in my case it seems to not worked as expected, where can i change this configuration?

Back