Odd Graphical Screen Issues

Well jsut got my Pandora and sadly it seems to have an issue..possibly the cable or screen,

But it's a kind of odd graphical issue.. for games programs.. certain parts of the screen go a different colour in line with a different elment on the screen.

I have taken a screenshot of the screeen and when I look at it on my main PC then its all clear soo it shows its not a software issue.

Here is the screen shot:

163o61.png

But here is a photo of what you physically see:

2e4dulg.jpg

tonal difference (bit hard to see):

dylu0y.jpg

and some games:

blue lines

35lulw6.jpg

super mario world seems to mostly go blue with certain layers

2yxga5z.jpg

Is there anything I can do to fix this or does it look like I'll have to send it back for repair?? (which I may wait for.. for a bit).

This is how the new cables fail. It's very very rare though. You will have to return the unit, unless you want to try a replacement yourself.

I had something like this, too and ed said it was the connector, which he was able to fix.

That's how the cables fail now? How strange. Not sure if that's better or worse than the old PTOD.

great... so I have the blue tint of death I guess..

well I don't particularly fancy opening it up and replacing it myself then slipping and voiding my warranty after having it for 1 day. Guess I will send it back.. but might play around for a week or 2 to see if any other issues pop up.

sorry for double post, but new question..

what is the current turn around time for RMAs from Craig's shop? because I upgraded I don't want to send it then wait another 2 months... it would make the entire point of upgrading pointless!!!

sorry for double post, but new question..

what is the current turn around time for RMAs from Craig's shop? because I upgraded I don't want to send it then wait another 2 months... it would make the entire point of upgrading pointless!!!

You're welcome to keep and use the unit for a while until we get all the preorders sent out at last.

It's possible the LCD cable isn't in the connector quite right too, you could check that yourself if you wanted to. It's just a connector.

The easiest end to reseat is at the rear of the unit.

Maybe ask someone who knows electronics because these connectors are very common.

If you prefer to wait, although i fully understand it's annoying, keep in mind this is not a big deal, and a repair is fast.

ED did a video about how to replace the LCD cable - if you're going to re-seat yours, it is well worth watching.

Found the link to the link:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well reseated it.. board side...still the same sadly.. also noticed 1 screw missing that I hadn't notice from the bottom case.. but does not matter case holds well without.

Mmm you should try to find the same screw anyway. There can be too much effort on other screw's plastic nests, and you've got enough trouble for now ^^.

Hm, I've personally never seen a broken new LCD cable so far (unless it broke while putting it in, can happen sometimes), so I can't say much about that here.

Trying the connector first is a good start.

Back