NTFS corruption and USB charging dissconnects.

second exodous

Advanced Member
I've just started using my Pandora after years and updated to 1.52 and noticed two problems.  One is I had my SDHC 32 GB cards formatted as NTFS so I could have larger file sizes and be able to read them on a windows, mac, or Linux machine but I've been getting corruptions, can't remember what the Pandora said, but Linux said it was damaged and I had to fix it on a windows PC.  I did that twice and then decided to just move everything off of them, format to EXT4 with the Pandora, and move everything back on.  It works fine now, but I was wondering if anyone else was having that problem?  I'd like to keep them EXT4 as it is the file system I most trust, is there a way to just plug the Pandora into a computer and allow it to read the SD cards no matter what the file system on the SD card is?

Second problem is probably the worse out of the two; I have long since lost the charger for my Pandora and even when I was using it years ago I charged it through the mini USB port.  Now the red charging light randomly goes off indicating it is not charging and when I open the lid sure enough it isn't.  I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in for it to start charging again.  Anyone else have this problem?  I was thinking of buying a PSP my next paycheck and if I do I'll just use that charger for both devices but if there might be a problem with my PCB I'd like to know now and send it in.

Anyway, I'm glad I spent what I did years ago, the Pandora is better than ever!  It is still fast too, if I bought any other emulation machine back then I'd need a new one long ago.

Use Gparted on Pandora or Linux and format the card to FAT32.

That works on both systems.

It seems like the USB you're using is not providing enough power.

Are you using an AC Adaptor?

How much Ampere does it have?

I have those usbcharging problems, too since superzaxxon.

Maybe buy a pspcharger. They are not expensive. Just get a good one from hama. Thats what I use since the original charger stopped working for me.

Well if it is just the update I'm not worried, it will get ironed out sooner or later.  I'm actually going to get a PSP, surprisingly I have never really played one and I helped him put the custom firmware on and wow, great console.  I want to get one before they stop selling them new, so I'll get a charger with it.

The charger I'm using I charge everything with, my bluetooth headset, DSXL, phone, pretty much every thing that charges through USB so I'd think it would work on my Pandora.  Not too big of a deal though, the batter is so big as long as I look at it occasionally when charging I think it will be ok.  Also, when charging while in suspend it charges really fast.

Back