[Now found] Asmo's awesome pandora photoshoping

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
Sorry to sound like an idiot here, but a while ago I found a bunch of pandora pictures that had been photoshoped in the style of various popular consoles. Unfortunately I forgot to bookmark it.

the images were not unlike this one, however searching for pantari yields no results

pantari.jpg

Does anyone have a link to them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if anyone ever got to replicating these with vinyl decals or suchlike? :D

I did actually talk to someone about the idea of making overlays, the prohibitive part of making them wouldn't be so much the decals themselves (even in a nice vinyl with gentle adhesive) but the cutting element - making a sticker that is not only a custom size but also a custom shape with multiple holes in exact locations would have a high initial cost.

@ASMO

I print all my artwork for the mini cabs I make using Gloss photo sticker paper (you can also use decal paper) that's freely available, all I use then is my inkjet printer to print them - the quality is first rate

Point is, if you can make the files available , people can print there own stickers and then just cut the holes etc out themselves. Food for thought.

These are awesome, I'd definitely buy the Atari VCS & ZX Spectrum just to put on display.

I print all my artwork for the mini cabs I make using Gloss photo sticker paper (you can also use decal paper) that's freely available, all I use then is my inkjet printer to print them - the quality is first rate

..if you can make the files available , people can print there own stickers and then just cut the holes etc out themselves

Does that sticker paper come off cleanly though? Vinyl with the correct adhesive type wouldn't leave any icky residue, so people could change their Pandora's appearance as often as they liked.

I do intend to have a look at a template for DIY overlay, but it looks quite a chore to cut the key holes out manually - it might be best to attempt to make a couple of key sized hole 'punch' stampers somehow..

Another advantage of a soft vinyl material would be that the actual keys could be skinned too - so the VCS could have the red buttons, the Spectrum could have the blue/grey keys and so on.

I can think of some other ways of including key coverage, but it just keeps getting more expensive and/or complex!

The device there is certainly A* grade Photoshopping, but shouldn't the icons on the desktop read:

Not if it's running emulation ;)

But it would be pretty mind blowing if the OS could be skinned to resemble ST/Amiga desktops, font and everything though wouldn't it! Even the Spectrum. Little microdrive icons for SD cards and Cassettes for Apps!

Hmm .. The Oric Atmos one needs work ..

Is it the 'step' at the bottom of the keyboard? It looks the wrong angle because it's just the actual front edge copied, the way it's lit gives it the impression the angle is wrong. If I get round to doing a template I'll see what I can do..

The C64 link above does not work, I checked the original thread too but there the image is gone too. These images all need to be archived on the new website!

What's the face doing in the lower left corner of the Pandora Instruments ad? oO

And I really need DON'T PANIC written in big, friendly letters on the back of my Pandora.

The C64 link above does not work, I checked the original thread too but there the image is gone too. These images all need to be archived on the new website!
I believe that I saved the C64 one back in the day. It's saved on my main box somewhere - I'll get it uploaded later, if I did indeed grab it.

Back