Notaz And Gnuboy2x?

notaz has done fantastic job with nes emulation on the 2x. I was wondering if he could do the same great job with gnuboy and fix up its errors.

Thanks for your outstanding job notaz!!!

I agree, that Notaz has done a fantastic job on all that he has touched, but maybe it would be a bit more tactful to ask him personally with your request.

Reap

I think notaz could easy fix it up, he's more than proven himself as a demi-god in gp2xdev :p But what it comes down to is if he actually wants to do it. He may well want to, or he may just want to take a month or two off. Have to remember it's all a hobby and fun, he doesnt make money from it, well, maybe abit from donations but thats not the reason he does this.

But any and every bit of emulation/homebrew code anyone improves is greatly welcomed by me :D

I have a feeling that the source code for gnuboy was lost (I'm sure I read it somewhere on the forum) so it may not be possible. Notaz would have to write it from scratch which he may not be interested in doing.

The gnuboy2x is also VERY heavy, some GBC games don't even run well when overclocking, and the regular GB games barely allow underclocking... what a pity.
Would be cool if notaz could improve it :)

Notaz: take all the time you want, I just think it would be awesome if you could fix up gnuboy. No pressure, I would just love to see it. You've done a five-star job with gpfce. If the source code is lost, I completely understand.

Great work notaz!!!

reaper79 said:
sam fisher said:
I'd just like to use this as an opportunity to once again thank Notaz for his work on GPFCE.
Big Dittos to that.

word. gpfce is the definitive nes emu to date, no questions!

and gb/gbc emu is another beast entirely :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Source was lost, K-teto has no continue working on Gnuboy because of he would have to start from nothing again :(

Emulator runs very well, only have a couple of problems like horrible menu (sometimes gets mad and hangs :D) If you want to play with vsync you need 250 mhz at least for more demandind games.

Anyway i play at 220 or so and the emulator is very good.

Voices are not emulated if i remenber well.

Ah shoot... that is too bad. Really, I think the gnuboy port was a great attempt and it got very very far. Not only that, but it's very polished aswell. The menu might not be the most intuitive but it supports a load of games, let alone the incredible savestate support which even takes screenshots so you remember which save is which!

Any chance that someone might come up with another port? Also: Weren't there two versions of the emulator? One official and one which someone else released? Maybe they've got the sourcecode still?

Fishybawb or whatever released a gnuboy version I believe, but it was a fairly direct, unoptimized port.

Draken said:
Fishybawb or whatever released a gnuboy version I believe, but it was a fairly direct, unoptimized port.
It wasn't me, must have been whatever.

According to the archive, it was "debian, r_sync and sonic-nkt".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back