not sure what to do

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
I was playing on my pandora today, then all of a sudden the white areas of the screen turn purple. I have searched the forums and I can see someone else has experienced the same thing. Opening the screen all the way fixes this purple issue but when I bring the lid forward the screen goes back to being purple.

Can it be repaired?, how long will it take and who's the best person to contact? It is still under warranty as I've only had the pandora 4 months. Was really looking forward to bringing the pandora to blackpool this year at the replay convention.

Edit: this actually happened when I was installing/flashing the pandora with the hotfiX 6 pre release firmware. Might this be the cause??? Thanks in advance. Maddis

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the purple tint issue, a problem we had with the early LCD cables, very common.

You can either replace the cable yourself if you are experienced with repairing things.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/l8GfjAsbmK8?feature=oembed

Or I can fix it for you.

So either let me know via mail where to send a new cable or send the unit to:

OpenPandora GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

Include a note with what's broken and where to send it back to.

Four months ago, shouldn't that already contain the newer LCD cable? I thought those shipped since beginning of April.

I probably remembered wrong.

Four months ago, shouldn't that already contain the newer LCD cable? I thought those shipped since beginning of April.

I probably remembered wrong.

The LCD Cables were finished early April.

It sure took a while until I soldered them and sent them to Craig, and he also used up older ones as well.

my premium pandora was from june '11 from craig, and i had PToD

That looked fairly manageable to me - moderately easy, in fact - until you started talking about a soldering iron. I'm terrible with soldering. Sigh.

I tried to take the screen part apart, it took me like half an hour to get it out, but I couldn't figure out how to snap out the bottom left corner. Not as easy as ED makes it look.

Also you don't need to solder in the speakers anymore, new cables come with the soldered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Evil Dragon. I'm not that good at electronics. Are you going to the replay convention? Maybee i can buy someone a pint at the replay expo if they can fix it for me (preferebly before the pint)

I will be heading down on the Sat

Hi Evil Dragon. I'm not that good at electronics. Are you going to the replay convention? Maybee i can buy someone a pint at the replay expo if they can fix it for me (preferebly before the pint)

I will be heading down on the Sat

Yes, I'll be there from Saturday to Sunday.

I can fix it for you there, if you wish :)

Can i just point out that ED responded to this at 3:06AM his time. I try hard not to take sides when there is some tension on the boards between customers and "management" (not this thread) but sometimes i can't help my self. Way to be ED glad you are at the helm of this ship.

That looked fairly manageable to me - moderately easy, in fact - until you started talking about a soldering iron. I'm terrible with soldering. Sigh.

I tried to take the screen part apart, it took me like half an hour to get it out, but I couldn't figure out how to snap out the bottom left corner. Not as easy as ED makes it look.

Also you don't need to solder in the speakers anymore, new cables come with the soldered.

Does that mean the ribbon cable comes with a set of speakers? I'm half-tempted to just order spare parts and a ribbon cable and take my chances if that's the case(though i'd hate to lose my warranty...). I've done a single case transplant job on a phat Nintendo DS once(busted hinge), which worked marginally well, so cracking open the Pandora seems pretty straightforward by comparison.

Back