Not Allowed To Drink

So what did you do to get around this problem?

ps, That episode of Dr Who was a bit crap.

We rescheduled as my best friend and the kids couldn't make it. But we we're going to go with a bottle of coke with southern comfort, and we may still do of course, making sure the kids get nowhere near it :lol: !

I'm not sure what to think of Doctor who, it was a little bit odd. The series finale is supposed to be a right shocker though.
Wooo Rose dies, cyberment with their threatending 1.5mhph walk! and hands that can toast pop tarts in 3 seconds flat...

They should have brought back the Daleks again, somehow. There is a Dalek like laser in the preview of the next episode...

I think it's all to do with Torchwood isn't it, and they are using borrowed technology so it's possible they have a lot of stuff. If that makes sense :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats another thing. Stupid Rusell T Davis idea of embeding a word through it all last year. He's doing it again. This series is another watered down, CGI filled, version of last series.

Thats another thing. Stupid Rusell T Davis idea of embeding a word through it all last year. He's doing it again. This series is another watered down, CGI filled, version of last series.
Some people are never happy.
On the contrary. I just think that with the second series, for the most part, Russel T Davies has mauled to the Doctor Who program into a unrecognizable lump of mixed up plastersene with only one discernable picture, the sonic screw driver protruding from it magically saving the day every time. I hate to say this, but this series of Doctor Who is generic. The only part of Doctor Who which has ever been repetitive or generic was Jon Pertwees obsession with reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.

you cant drink on the beach?!?! wtf!

Over here we do what we want. Long beach police just dont seem to give a crap lol.

Here's a brief interesting story which illustrates what I mean:

I stopped at a red light, and next to me was a cop car. next to him, a hummer came to a complete stop, then (with the light still red), proceeded to go through the light when oncoming eased up. The cop did nothing. I thought I was in another dimension.

Over here we do what we want. Long beach police just dont seem to give a crap lol.

I stopped at a red light, and next to me was a cop car. next to him, a hummer came to a complete stop, then (with the light still red), proceeded to go through the light when oncoming eased up. The cop did nothing. I thought I was in another dimension.
American drinking laws are well renowned for being soft :rolleyes:

American drinking laws are well renowned for being soft :rolleyes:
ya, true. Here in Long Beach, Nassau County runs just about everything, so we think we're above the law. On a lot of things we're a lot more lenient, which kicks ass.

I once saw a condom-like thingie you can pull over a beer-can and makes it look like a coke-can.
it was for a "survival pack" a friend of mine got, before he was visiting the usa :)

Well, er, alcahol has som fun effects on me. It makes me giggle a lot, and the other one I'm not telling......
Weed should have a similar effect, minus the hangover ... :D

Bah... nothing beats The Absinthe!

The color, high alcohol content plus taste of wormwood it's making a perfect beverage to get drunk.

I like Campari to companion Absinthe too.

And for a hangover - just buy more bottles in an advance. ;)

Radek posted on Jul 1 2006 at 06:57 AM said:
Well, er, alcahol has som fun effects on me. It makes me giggle a lot, and the other one I'm not telling......

The color, high alcohol content plus taste of wormwood it's making a perfect beverage to get drunk.

where you you buy yours?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 1 2006 at 05:02 PM said:
Radek posted on Jul 1 2006 at 06:57 AM said:

where you you buy yours?

In my local area - to my surprise one place can have it from time to time. Had to reduce drinking it becaue I was starting to like it too much. :rolleyes:
(you can find some venders http://www.wormwoodsociety.org/)
There are some myths because of minimal content of thujone in Absinthe. But in a reality it's just a very strong beverage.

To my surpsise Absinthe was giving me less head centered hangovers than say a Whisky.

Yes this post does bring back memories.....

I'v been brewing my own beer for 10 years now. I found that repackaging works wonders. My homebrewed stout looked scrumptious in a 2 litre Dr Pepper Bottle. Kanadian Lager looked fine in a Gingerale bottle. I was stopped at the check point at the Phish Show in Plattsburgh, NY. They checked the bottles for pressure saw that they were fully pressurized/full and let me right into the festival with over 3 gallons of homebrew in my cooler....woot!. I set up an english ale engine over the sink at my house and now Im more of a homebody. Once youve had real ale at cellar temp you just cant go back!

Cheers!

Morpheus384 posted on Jul 1 2006 at 05:53 PM said:
Yes this post does bring back memories.....

I'v been brewing my own beer for 10 years now. I found that repackaging works wonders. My homebrewed stout looked scrumptious in a 2 litre Dr Pepper Bottle. Kanadian Lager looked fine in a Gingerale bottle. I was stopped at the check point at the Phish Show in Plattsburgh, NY. They checked the bottles for pressure saw that they were fully pressurized/full and let me right into the festival with over 3 gallons of homebrew in my cooler....woot!. I set up an english ale engine over the sink at my house and now Im more of a homebody. Once youve had real ale at cellar temp you just cant go back!

Cheers!
wtf

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 1 2006 at 10:28 AM said:
cool, I was watching a program about it, and was wondering if it's really as obscure as people say. Im gonna have to order some some time.
It's not very obscure, but it's tough to find real Absinthe in North America in my experience. Most of the stuff you'll find in liquor stores is a faux-absinthe because of legal reasons. See this link for more info.

Back