North America/canada: Air Mail Vs. UPS

What did you use?

• Total voters

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Sorry about the error in the title, lol.

I might get a Pandora, but I don't know what form of shipping I should choose.

I live in Canada (look over there)
<=======================

I know UPS is fast, but how fast is air mail shipping?

How was it for you?

UPS is twice as much as Air Mail.

Sorry to be unable to help much, but for the sake of avoiding confusion, I think you mean UPS, not USPS. ;) The Pandora ships from the UK and therefore cannot possibly be sent from the USA's postal service.

I gather that airmail can take up to two to four weeks to arrive.

Prometheus said:
Sorry to be unable to help much, but for the sake of avoiding confusion, I think you mean UPS, not USPS.
wink.gif
The Pandora ships from the UK and therefore cannot possibly be sent from the USA's postal service.

I gather that airmail can take up to two to four weeks to arrive.

Yeah, I get the two mixed up.

THANKS! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little confused, when I ordered there were 2 options: UPS 2-Day or Royal Mail.

I originally picked the cheaper one (royal mail) which switches to USPS once it hits USA but after waiting so long (ordered day one) I decided to spring for UPS 2-day shipping once they finally started shipping. I also read up on customs and preferred the way UPS handled it to the way it was handled with usps. I was very happy with my choice because I did actually get it in 2 days without any customs bs. Has the shipping methods changed? I assume your ordering from gbax.com?

[edit] :ph34r:

MonkeyChops said:
I'm a little confused, when I ordered there were 2 options: UPS 2-Day or Royal Mail.

I originally picked the cheaper one (royal mail) which switches to USPS once it hits USA but after waiting so long (ordered day one) I decided to spring for UPS 2-day shipping once they finally started shipping. I also read up on customs and preferred the way UPS handled it to the way it was handled with usps. I was very happy with my choice because I did actually get it in 2 days without any customs bs. Has the shipping methods changed? I assume your ordering from gbax.com?

[edit]
ph34r.gif

ordering from openpandorasales@gmail.com

That's gbax
It was worth the extra for me for speed and because if it gets held up in customs (which is just pot luck) usps will make you pay the customs before it gets released whereas ups will pay it for you and you then have a balance due upon delivery. Both work but usps has the potential to be a very long wait.

Com64 said:
how fast is air mail shipping?
I live in Québec city, it took 2 weeks between the shipping confirmation email and the actual delivery

EDIT: you'll regret not using UPS as it realy worth the "premium"

I used Air Mail, and won't do it again. It took about 3 weeks to get here after I got my shipping email. :( It arrived in fine shape, no problems with the actual delivery, but that's just too long. :)

sebt3 said:
I live in Québec city, it took 2 weeks between the shipping confirmation email and the actual delivery

EDIT: you'll regret not using UPS as it realy worth the "premium"

I live in North Vancouver, and it would probably take about the same ammount of time. People have told me that Canada has horrible shipping.

EmuGuy said:
I used Air Mail, and won't do it again. It took about 3 weeks to get here after I got my shipping email.
sad.gif
It arrived in fine shape, no problems with the actual delivery, but that's just too long.
smile.gif

I had to wait about that long to get some things from Hong Kong (DS screwdriver, Guitar hero controller, ac-usb adapter). It wasnt that bad, because it was less than $15 in stuff, but a pandora? i couldnt bear it! I get most of my things from retail, so I don't usually have to wait for shipping.

I might shell out an extra 20-30 something dollars for UPS. If I find out there are any problems with my package (ie. its broken) I will throw a fit of rage and probably kill everyone within a 2Km radius in the process (like the spirit bomb from dragonball z) (lol im just joking but I will be mad.)

I wonder if I can resist opening up my pandora? I have opened up almost everything I own. I can't even list everything I have opened up, and everything I have destroyed while opening up.

Com64 said:
I wonder if I can resist opening up my pandora? I have opened up almost everything I own. I can't even list everything I have opened up, and everything I have destroyed while opening up.
then don't touch the lid :D

I live in a remote part of California and was extremely impressed with the fact that it left the UK on Monday and I had it in my hands Wednesday afternoon. I used UPS from GBAX. I recommend this method even if it takes 4 days to get to where you are, its better than 2 weeks, or two months :p

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I've calculated my prices:

Pandora + TVout

349 + 12.99 = 361.99 = 381.428754 Canadian dollars

+UPS shipping = 361.99 + 49 = 410.99 = 433.060039 Canadian dollars

So its about $435 for a Pandora, a TV-out adapter, and UPS.

Its about $408 for Air Mail instead.

for some reason, this reminds me of something. A friend of mine bought a tobacco bong from hong kong. I don't know if he got it though. he wasnt going to use it for tobacco ;)

Com64 said:
for some reason, this reminds me of something. A friend of mine bought a tobacco bong from hong kong. I don't know if he got it though. he wasnt going to use it for tobacco ;)
There is so much talent in the US regarding blown glass, going to Honk Kong? WTF?

What are you planning to do with your Pandora? Feed it bong hits?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Mjlink said:
Com64 said:
for some reason, this reminds me of something. A friend of mine bought a tobacco bong from hong kong. I don't know if he got it though. he wasnt going to use it for tobacco
wink.gif
There is so much talent in the US regarding blown glass, going to Honk Kong? WTF?

What are you planning to do with your Pandora? Feed it bong hits?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

lol the bongs not mine, and i dont know it it arrived yet. i dont even smoke.

anyway i hope to program for the pandora, game on it (including emulation), and use it for everyday things like music, video, internet, email, you name it.

I am selling my Playstation collection of games to get it. hope its worth it! I dont want to give up GTA2 in PERFECT condition. I have like 17 games.

Esn said:
Which one of those is the one with the huge hidden brokerage fees?

I'm really worried about getting randomly hit with a bill for $100 when I receive my Pandora...

I believed it was UPS, so thats why I chose airmail. The wait does not bother me, I have waited almost 2 years now so 3 wks, while it will be th hardest. Its doable.

I chose airmail, and it took just over 2 weeks for it to get to me in Massachusetts.

I would choose air mail if I get enough money. depends on how much I can make in a month. I am selling all my video games. for systems I dont have any more.

Back