Noo! Is It Broken?

roflcopter

Still Fresh
Ok -- I have posted a forum and no one seems to see it - so My gp2x does not read my memory card and takes FOREVER to load. But somehow I think the memory card is broken because when I push it into the reader, my computer freezes when trying to open Drive Location F (memory card is located).
And this happened when I tried opening the USB internet kernal that I added to my memory card. Did my SD crash? My gp2x reader is off? Or that kernal screwed up everything? help

Thanks

roflcopter posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:56 PM said:
Ok -- I have posted a forum and no one seems to see it - so My gp2x does not read my memory card and takes FOREVER to load. But somehow I think the memory card is broken because when I push it into the reader, my computer freezes when trying to open Drive Location F (memory card is located).
And this happened when I tried opening the USB internet kernal that I added to my memory card. Did my SD crash? My gp2x reader is off? Or that kernal screwed up everything? help

Thanks

Simple, try another SD card to isolate the problem. Then you'll know how to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:
saehn posted on Feb 8 2007 at 06:35 PM said:
roflcopter posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:56 PM said:

Thanks

Simple, try another SD card to isolate the problem. Then you'll know how to proceed.

New memory card XX monies, working portable system, priceless.

I don't know but that a 1GB is the best idea, it is only a little bit more than a 64mb one, unless you can beg borrow or *ahem* a card from a friend.

(I only have Visa cards, hmmm.)

Last edited by a moderator:
try to repartition/reformat it worked for me when my filesystem got corrupted

Back