No sound in Monkey Island 1?

frolik posted on Dec 16 2003 at 05:37 PM said:
Sam & Max only works up to the whak a rat bit.
Ahh i not got that far yet :)

Still deep into monkey island 2

Last edited by a moderator:
frolik posted on Dec 16 2003 at 05:37 PM said:
Sorry blipped at but no.

that list is from the ScummVM site, which is a different product to GPScumm and therefore the list is useless

Sam & Max only works up to the whak a rat bit.

:p
plus thats for scumm version 5.1, on our gp32s we are using version 3.0 so list is completely wrong as the gp32 version is way out of date to those percentages, e.g simon1 and 2 were like 10% on our version, but the new 5.1 its almost 90.

Sorry for bringing up an old topic but is there ANY way to get the sound from the CD version of the monkey island games into the gp32? I don't even see any evidence of the music files on the CD. Presumably they're compiled into one of the MONKEY files?

The enhanced CD-Rom version has CD audio music (Try putting it into a CD player to see if it does) and therefore the music will not be contained in the files. I think in some versions of SCUMMVM you have to convert them into either mp3 or ogg format, but I've no idea about the GP version....

markusdragon posted on Mar 7 2005 at 08:58 AM said:
The enhanced CD-Rom version has CD audio music (Try putting it into a CD player to see if it does) and therefore the music will not be contained in the files. I think in some versions of SCUMMVM you have to convert them into either mp3 or ogg format, but I've no idea about the GP version....
Cheers. I just have the regular CD version I think. It's the White Label one with MI1 and MI2 on it. Nothing happens if you put it in a normal CD player. The music must be compiled into one of those files.

There are CD versions of both Monkey Island 1 + 2 that are just the floppy versions on a CD. If you have those them don't expect much music.

There is also a CD Audio version of Monkey Island 1 (VGA) that if you convert the CD Audio tracks to OGG's (as per the ScummVM tools/doc'o) i.e. track1.ogg, track2.ogg etc. works very well in ScummVM for the GP32 0.5.1 Alpha.

I know this works as I have played it lots when testing (that and Loom talkie are my main test Scumm games) :).

Edit:

plus thats for scumm version 5.1, on our gp32s we are using version 3.0 so list is completely wrong as the gp32 version is way out of date to those percentages, e.g simon1 and 2 were like 10% on our version, but the new 5.1 its almost 90.

Actualy my build was based on 0.5.1 but ONLY supporting VGA or lower res. SCUMM engine games (i.e. no Simon/BASS etc.). The speed of SCUMM games vaires a LOT based on the CPU load so not all SCUMM games are pleasent to play :D. Using OGG audio or AdLib style music also hits the CPU hard.

DJWillis posted on Mar 7 2005 at 04:48 PM said:
There are CD versions of both Monkey Island 1 + 2 that are just the floppy versions on a CD. If you have those them don't expect much music.

There is also a CD Audio version of Monkey Island 1 (VGA) that if you convert the CD Audio tracks to OGG's (as per the ScummVM tools/doc'o) i.e. track1.ogg, track2.ogg etc. works very well in ScummVM for the GP32 0.5.1 Alpha.
Yeah, trust me to have the OTHER version. :rolleyes:

Back