No sound from right speaker - LCD cable failing?

Darkknight512

I just noticed I have no sound in my right speaker (Dono if it was like that when I got it a week ago, used), the sound does work through the headphone jack. Could it be the sign of a fialing LCD cable, just a different failure mode? The speaker does not work at any angle, it could be that the solder connection just came loose, but I'm probably not going to open up the top panel just to check.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed I have no sound in my right speaker (Dono if it was like that when I got it a week ago, used), the sound does work through the headphone jack. Could it be the sign of a fialing LCD cable, just a different failure mode? The speaker does not work at any angle, it could be that the solder connection just came loose, but I'm probably not going to open up the top panel just to check.

Most probably a cable came off here, yes.

Quick fix for me, but I've opened and repaired so many Pandoras, that's no wonder ;)

I just emailed you for a new cable, but if its just the speaker wire I might just crack it open tonight and resolder it. You mentioned in the video not the break the LCD a lot. Is the precaution just don't press on it?

Also I have a crack on the right speaker grill, any tips on not making the crack propegate when opening and snaping it back in? I'll probably be putting a little bit of super glue in the crack from the back while it is open.

Though I might not open it if the LCD cable is going to fail eventually, minus well fix both things at once, once I get a new cable.

I was able to crack open the top, but man was it hard... Eaither I'm doing something wrong, or your really good a thumb wresling...

Though I was unable to get the bottom left part out. I did open it enough to take a look inside and the wires look attached, so I guess it must be the LCD cable after all... though that tape maybe hiding the truth.

Back