No sound left speaker

Lobo

So I got my RMA Pandora back again and noticed that the sound was very low (or so I thought). Today I finally got around to messing with the sound volume in XFCE and discovered that the sound is low because only the right speaker is outputting.

So, two questions:

1. is there a way to mute just one speaker via software? Maybe thats what happened somehow. Grabbing at straws here but third time shipping costs isn't funny anymore.

2. I have the feeling this is going to be a hardware issue, so can I fix this myself?

TIA.

Just to narrow things down a little, how does the left channel sound through headphones?

Through headphones I've got stereo sound, so I guess it is a hardware problem. :(

So, question 2 still stands...

I had a similar problem with my pandora; there was stereo when i used head phones but mono (left speaker only) when using the built in speakers. I found that the lid screws were tighter on the right and when i loosened those I was able to hear sound from the right speaker. I guess the lid is not designed to allow space for the speaker to move when the lid is screwed in tight.

Back