"no Smc Inserted"

buckers

Still Fresh
I recently brought a GP32 off ebay, its an original white one, but when i put games on and music on, it says there are no games, but the mp3's work fine. Ihavnt registered, but ive still got onto the manager and PC Link, i cant register because the website wont let you get onto it as a new one is coming out and darkfaders website doesnt work, would any one be able to send me the crack?
All input grateful
Luke

You'll need to find GPS2 (search google for it) then goto #gp32 on efnet (irc) and use !applist and !encrypt PDUID freelauncher (which GPS2 will give you the PDUID)

Cant find it on google, would any one be able to give me a direct link or send me the file to my email address?

Could you plaese give me an idiot proof way on how to do this efnet.org business, as i can find no #gp32, but i have gpS2

The idea is that the original firmware of the gp32 can only play encrypted games. To run unencrypted software (.fxe files) you need a program called a 'free launcher'. In order to obtain this, you need to jump through a few hoops because you need a copy that is encrypted especially for your machine.

1) run the program you just downloaded with your gp32 connected to your pc. You'll get two strings, one is the PDUID wich is the unique identifier of your machine.
2) get an IRC program, like MIRC. Connect to an efnet server (/s efnet.demon.co.uk) and join the #gp32 channel (/j #gp32). A new window will open where you can chat with fellow gp32 users. Now you can type !applist (in the #gp32 tab) and yet another window will open labeled CoreDump. Type !encrypt PDUID fee_launcher to get a copy of the free launcher that will work on your machine.
3) now you can use the free launcher to run the fxe files. I kinda forgot where to put them again since I use pacrom (an alternative firmware wich doesn't have the limitations of the crappy original one) but maybe google or someone on this board can tell you :)

Download mIRC (should be easy to find... goto www.mirc.com) and install it, then load it up and in mIRC options first click the plus beside DCC then go to ignore and make sure method is set to disable and there is no check besides Turn ignore back on in: then click the plus beside connect and goto the servers menu. under IRC server chose EFnet: Random server the click connect to server. After this it should bring up mIRC favorites, at the top in the bar type #gp32 and then click join beside it. now type in !encrypt PDUID free_launcher in the #gp32 channel and CoreDump should send you a private message saying where you can download your file from.

Hope that helps

heh, Inopia was quicker...

Once you have got this to work, you should flash to Slubman's firmware, as Free Launcher, really really sucks.

aapje89 posted on Sep 14 2005 at 01:05 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Sep 13 2005 at 10:38 PM said:
Once you have got this to work, you should flash to Slubman's firmware, as Free Launcher, really really sucks.
use gpbios! :)

Hmm... I'd tend to err towards Slubman's simply because its got the loaders integrated into the firmware, rather than running them separately. Anything that's run off the SMC tends to load slower than stuff that is run from the flash memory.

And I seem to remember Slubman's has a function where you can set it to act a little like GPBios, although I could be wrong...

Not of course that I use either - I haven't updated my firmware since Mr Spiv's original wonderful Multi-fw2; still does what I need it to, and quickly :).

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for not saying cheers a while back, but i have lterally been playing my gp32 SINCE, cheers for all the help!!!

Back