No Shave November?

You guys do realize that the reason for the no shave in November is to raise awareness of domestic violence against men, right?

I'm not sure what the figures look like internationally, but in the US, men represent about half the survivors and half the abusers. Making men more or less tied with women in that regard. The not shaving is a way of bringing attention to that.

lol....wtf? i heard someone doing a no shave november to raise money for breast cancer....cant we make it that instead?

I've done Movember in previous years.

Pro Tip:

If you go to any Byron Burger place during November and sporting a mustache for Movember - conditions that you've raised at least £25, you get the burger free! EVERY DAY!

You can literally eat Byron every evening for free in November.

There burgers are nice too :)

http://www.byronhamburgers.com/movember/

I took advantage of this offer 2 years ago

lol....wtf? i heard someone doing a no shave november to raise money for breast cancer....cant we make it that instead?
Breast cancer is vastly over represented in these things. Don't get me wrong, my mother had breast cancer, but compared with things like heart disease and ovarian cancer, it gets a disproportionate amount of attention, which leads people to think that it's a bigger risk and more dangerous than it really is. As long as a woman is regularly getting checked, the likelihood of dieing from it is lower than the likelihood of dieing from heart disease

And to clear up the confusion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November#Month-long_observances Hence the confusion, it's both Movember and No Shave November, which are separate occurences for separate causes. One of the byproducts of having only 12 months.

And it seems my memory was mistaken. But, with all those possibilities, I'm surprised that anybody can keep things straight.

i have giant mutton-chops and a mustache all year round, and my hair is so long that i can scratch my ass by nodding my head, the only bit of me that i ever shave is my chin and thats to stop my chops meeting in the middle, i dont like having hair on my chin it feels so itchy!

Re: testicular cancer my advice is eat lots of nuts (for the selenium content this is proven to help prevent testicular cancer) food with turmeric in as this is noted for its anti-cancer properties and finally masturbation is proven to reduce the likelihood of testicular cancer. It's just 1 of the ways you can keep your balls healthy, but dont forget to give them plenty of room too, tight pants are bad for your balls and cause them to get too hot.

so testicular cancer is a way to use an excuse for guys to masturbate, and fondling your breast cancer is an excuse for girls to fondle their breastesses?

It takes at least a 3-4 weeks to grow a beard and you will receive some - and also negative - comments. Not everyone has a face or hair for it, so they just use the November month as an excuse to try it out. At least that is the way I look at it.. 

Seems to me it is a 'hype' that once was fun and interesting, but it is now too popular and main stream.

Actually, I think Monkfish is going for the Ambrose Burnside (seen center, in front of tree; slaphead optional)
yeah thats something like me, and when i go bald (it runs in my family) i'll be shaving my head like i used to so not far off! Biggest difference i can see (except for the dreadlocks) is that my chops are far more bushy. So this pic of him when he's a little older is probably more accurate to my facial hair, though i daresay i might even be a little bushier than this.

so testicular cancer is a way to use an excuse for guys to masturbate?
Embrace it DaMummy it really is proven to keep your balls healthy and fight TC, though be aware it also makes your sperm slightly less motile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back