No Internet Connection

aapje89

Still here...
Website
Visit site
When I leave my computer for +/- 30 mins, and return my internet connection is gone and my anti-virus scanner is disabled.
I have winxp Home edion with sp2 installed (I know it was dumb), and I use zonealarm

What is wrong?

i found that when xp sp1 was left alone it would log itself out as part of the screen saver process, this would always disconnect me from the net.

try hunting around in the settings and disable auto logging off.

I update de virus definitions every day, I use spybot search en destroy.
And the problem is not that im logged out, after +/- 30 mins im still in my account, but I cant use the internet: outlook doen't work IE doesn't work.

also disable the xp firewall and get another one, couse the xp one have some big security holes. also get new antivir (fprot is nice) and adaware

some isps will automatically disconnect you after a certain time, are you on dial or DSL?

also windows can be configured to disconnect you after a certain amount of inactivity, check thats not enabled.

DSL of course!
And I have adaware, I use zone alarm as my firewall.
I never had problems till a week or 2, I'm not sure if it first occured when I installed sp2

Are you using a router? Well either way, try the steps below:

- Start
- Run
- type "msconfig"
- General Tab
- Put it on "Selective Startup"
- Uncheck "Load Startup Items"
- Apply
- OK
- Reboot

If that works, then one of the programs that is loaded upon boot is causing the problem. Find it by trial-and-error.

Back