Internet Connection Speeds!

levi1123

Home Internet Speedtest Website: www.speedtest.net

Ill start off:

Edit@ 12:59a 1/1/11

Perhaps this is my New Years gift for working tonight I get home to my connection blazing fast. Happy New Year all!

Last edited by a moderator:
1081317931.png

The distance is very, very wrong. My sole connection currently is a Mobile Broadband modem and it always thinks I'm in Manchester when I am in fact in the Central Belt in Scotland. Also if my experience is the average one I'd say giving Three 2.7 stars as a provider is overly generous. Seriously this modem sucks so badly it gives up if a file is over 20MB....which would be, I dunno, most of the SDKs I need.

The low values are usually due to the speedtest.net servers being underpowered.

Fear my superior connection!!

PS: Yes, it _really_ is that bad and no, it is not mobile internet or via satellite or something like that, it probably would be faster then.

holy crap people, i just upgraded my service to 24mbps, but seeing levi's post i almost choked, then i scroll down and i see ardje's post and i start giving myself the Heimlich maneuver. where the hell do you live and how can i get that connection? i swear you better not say sweden or finnland, cause if it is, its final im moving over there. anyway heres my proud new connection.

thats on wifi, split between 3 pcs, 3 laptops, 2 ps3s, 2 wiis, 3 phones with wifi.

edit: ohh i see, hes in holland....ya i wouldnt mind that place either, how the hell is usa stuck with such crappy internet for such a "wealthy" country?

Itś not too bad for mobile broadband...

also the distance is way off, lol.

It's comcastic!

where the hell do you live and how can i get that connection? i swear you better not say sweden or finnland, cause if it is, its final im moving over
I have to add a note that my namely 10/10 (really seems its 11/20 :p seems that they dont limit the uplink because its as fast as it goes) connection isnt the fastest I could have bought, the maximum is namely 100/10, but I didnt see any need for faster downlink and its some 10€/mo cheaper this way.

Speedtests servers are way too underpowered. Got 90/85 with a different test (that doesn't generate bragpics.)
Heheh, I wasn't finished with the bragging.

It seems another ISP has a better pipe:

1082015024.png

Anyway: I should get about 900 down/up with http or ftp due to the low speed of my desktop.

Of course my pandora does downstream about 7Mb/s over wifi (using a WNDR3700 with openwrt 10.3.1-rc4 and WPA2 PSK) :).

Anyway: I should get about 900 down/up with http or ftp due to the low speed of my desktop.
Ok, WTF! I don't even think my router can handle 900Mb/s, nevermind my ISP! Seriously, where are these speeds coming from? The fastest you can get in Canada is 25Mb/s, but that's just advertised, you're lucky if you get half of that in practice.

1082015024.png

Of course my pandora does downstream about 7Mb/s over wifi (using a WNDR3700 with openwrt 10.3.1-rc4 and WPA2 PSK) :).

I hate you

1082015024.png

How do you have a 3 gigabit connection and how didn't you pay out the arse for it? o.0

holy crap people, i just upgraded my service to 24mbps, but seeing levi's post i almost choked, then i scroll down and i see ardje's post and i start giving myself the Heimlich maneuver. where the hell do you live and how can i get that connection? i swear you better not say sweden or finnland, cause if it is, its final im moving over there. anyway heres my proud new connection.

thats on wifi, split between 3 pcs, 3 laptops, 2 ps3s, 2 wiis, 3 phones with wifi.

edit: ohh i see, hes in holland....ya i wouldnt mind that place either, how the hell is usa stuck with such crappy internet for such a "wealthy" country?

I'm in CT, serviced by Optimum Ultra =)

Ok, WTF! I don't even think my router can handle 900Mb/s, nevermind my ISP! Seriously, where are these speeds coming from? The fastest you can get in Canada is 25Mb/s, but that's just advertised, you're lucky if you get half of that in practice.
you make a good point, how can hardware possibly support these speeds? and i want to know what kind of connection that is, is it work, school, or personal? and how do i move in with you ardje

Well my network in my home is all gigabit 24 port switch + router = 27 ports of gigabit goodness..

However he's pulling in like 3 gigabits there..

Back