No Bluetooth

twent4

Still Fresh
Getting a "Your computer does not have any bluetooth adapters plugged in" when selecting Bluetooth from XFCE menu. Just installed hotfix2, same result. Do i need to enable it elsewhere?

twent4 said:
Getting a "Your computer does not have any bluetooth adapters plugged in" when selecting Bluetooth from XFCE menu. Just installed hotfix2, same result. Do i need to enable it elsewhere?

Yes, Start/System/Toggle Bluetooth Status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noisome said:
twent4 said:

Yes, Start/System/Toggle Bluetooth Status.

Gah! I love you. I feel stupid, and I love you.

speaking of bluetooth... has anyone got bluetooth to do anything?
I think it would be handy to use bluetooth to send/receive files.
Or to connect to my cellphone for internet.

I paired up my phone and sent a picture to my phone ,but i couldn't send a picture to my pandora ,i think it may well be the phone as it has always had problems with bluetooth security ,i also tried to browse the phone but no go ,that is usualy something i can do with that phone with a bit of messing about ,yep prolly the phone.

HackModford said:
speaking of bluetooth... has anyone got bluetooth to do anything?
I think it would be handy to use bluetooth to send/receive files.
Or to connect to my cellphone for internet.

I've gotten it to send to my phone, not from. Haven't did internet yet.

paddy said:
I paired up my phone and sent a picture to my phone ,but i couldn't send a picture to my pandora ,i think it may well be the phone as it has always had problems with bluetooth security ,i also tried to browse the phone but no go ,that is usualy something i can do with that phone with a bit of messing about ,yep prolly the phone.

Same here. I think just a few extra options are missing which I will examine when I get home.

I've done Internet via Bluetooth with a Windows Mobile phone.
No GUI yet though, needed to do this via commndline.

EvilDragon said:
Had a go with ste_167 too trying to get blueman installed which supposedly lets you use a mobile phone for internet via bluetooth... only got so far installing packages from the angstrom repo... got stuck trying to find python-cgi

Are there any plans to include a GUI for 3G internet via mobile phone?

PokeParadox said:
EvilDragon said:
Had a go with ste_167 too trying to get blueman installed which supposedly lets you use a mobile phone for internet via bluetooth... only got so far installing packages from the angstrom repo... got stuck trying to find python-cgi

Are there any plans to include a GUI for 3G internet via mobile phone?

Yes, DJWillis is working on blueman but didn't have the time to finish it yet :)

Last edited:
Back