Newsletter Received.

seriously, i did not think a gadget (ultimate mobile gaming device, UMGD, life support system, LSS, mobile data manager, MDM, ??? ; ) could be this exciting.

*off catching up with recent linux

quartercast said:
Cool thanks. I bought my Gp2X from play-asia as they seemed to have the best value at the time, but I suppose they won't be stocking the Pando.

I did the same; they have already mentionned they won't be selling the Pandora.

quartercast said:
So do we get charged VAT when ordering from UK?

I am wondering the same thing, how will that work, can we claim it back, and possibly pay the VAT/GST from our own countries?

Craig, can we expect the emailer on Sept 30th to be sent at around the same time at this one?

[Edit] Oh I just saw Craig's previous reponse, thanx, so that works out the same when ordering from SIngapore?

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
No, you won't be charged VAT because you are not in the EU.

We will try to work out a deal for Aus shipping if we can.
Thanks craig, that'd be awesome :D
Would that be from gp2x.net.au? If you could let us know ASAP that'd be great, as I won't have internet access from Sep 22 and I'm trying to get someone else to do the order for me. Cheers!

Got mine too. Thanks, el Craig. Very much looking forward to the 30th - good to see that it appears to be pretty much set-in-stone, now.

If your are on it and it isn't working your ISP must be blocking the email... they have all been sent for sure, i'm 99% sure the script i've written should have worked well, I just used Perl mailer and sendmail.

Maybe you need to allow emails from openpandora.org

Prometheus said:
Got mine too. Thanks, el Craig. Very much looking forward to the 30th - good to see that it appears to be pretty much set-in-stone, now.
Pretty much? I saw the email as a direct and final confirmation, which is good. :D Though the fact that the shipping date has moved a bit more yet again is a little disappointing, I suppose all's well, so long as it's in my hands sometime this year. :p

Can't wait for the 30th. Though in the email, I didn't see anything about new content being shown leading up to the preorder. Are we going to get to see the GUI, final case, and someone actually playing the Pandora before we're expected to throw down our $330?

Hmm. How can we start a countdown a timer on this forum? :) I received my notification about an hour ago.

craigix said:
We will be making new video posts before the 30th yes.

GUI is top of the list :)
Okay, NOW I'm excited. :D I believe the phrase, "giddy like a Japanese schoolgirl" applies here. :lol:

And I second the motion of a timer. Maybe not so soon, but like the last week? It'd make it feel really epic, and it'd be a good estimation for those of us crazies who are afraid they won't be able to secure one.

craigix said:
We will try to work out a deal for Aus shipping if we can.
Fingers crossed, that would be good. Our dollar has taken a slide again so every penny saved will be very much appreciated. :)

This sucks. I never had a problem before receiving emails from newsletters/message boards. I tried to re-add my email address to the newsletter and it say I'm already on it, so I know I'm on it. There goes my chances of getting one of the first batch. Man, I been checking my inbox on the computer and hugging my blackberry every night waiting for a email. I hope I can get this squared away before the 30th. :(

This is all great news! I expect the first 3000 to sell a bit faster now that I know that the next batch won't come until 2009! Would it be possible to allow ordering from the next batch before 2009 if you know how many you'll make, and then just ship them when they're ready in 09? Either way is fine by me...Keep up the good work!

edit:whoa, how did I never notice that you could resize the quick reply box...

Nataku said:
This sucks. I never had a problem before receiving emails from newsletters/message boards. I tried to re-add my email address to the newsletter and it say I'm already on it, so I know I'm on it. There goes my chances of getting one of the first batch. Man, I been checking my inbox on the computer and hugging my blackberry every night waiting for a email. I hope I can get this squared away before the 30th. :(

If you're not getting email notifications, why don't you just start checking the site/forums on a regular basis? Just a thought.

It could be that there are so many of you on the mailing list that the email is being registered as junk mail worldwide :(

There are many many thousands of people on the list. I guess we should have made a email check system. I suppose we were not ready for the amount of people. I dunno. It's a funny situation. We are just regular guys working on this project which has become huge.

We just need to get the news out there some other way I guess :)

CronoTriggerfan said:
Nataku said:

If you're not getting email notifications, why don't you just start checking the site/forums on a regular basis? Just a thought.
I check the site everyday, but it would be nice to get a notice as soon as the pre-orders become available to increase my chances of getting one of the first batch. If they all sell out within hours of release, and I happen not to be online at that time, it will suck, lol. I hope it does sell out quickly and ensures a second batch fast. Just hope I'm one of the first :] Maybe I should do some "online camping out". Damn, wish I didn't have class that day :/

Gruso said:
quartercast said:
Me too. Where are you getting yours from Gruso (assuming you're ordering a pando)? I'm in Syd too, just wondering which site to go for.. hmmmm

Definitely direct from UK. I've had plenty of good experience ordering from there, the shipping rates & delivery times are always reasonable. Especially compared to the US!
I have to say I agree with that, and I'm from the US. I didn't even know it was sitting in my inbox; my notifications were off.good stuff.

HINT: If you thumb around in youtube's embedded menu for related videos chances are you will see a video or two you missed. I just saw the other IFA video with evildragon about the Pandora, plenty of notable tidbits in there if you are good at paying attention.

Back