Newer Mame?

CyberAxe

just wondering if theres anyone wokring on a version of MAME for thegp2x based on a newer verions of mame since there are loads of classics that arent available in 0.34

chucka taisen (aka cloud master), halleys comet, Space Harrier, SSF2T (assuming it doesnt need too much horsepower) to name but a few

I hope he continues counting up versions has he has done the last few releases. I'd really like to see him get up to .37b3 so I can play Super Offroad and Indy Heat :)

Also, I'm sure this has been asked before, but when was Outrun supported by MAME? Will we ever see this on mamegp2x?

I think Outrun was in 0.36b. I'd personally love to have R-type added one day :p My dream game to be added would be Osman/Cannon Dancer but I don't think it would be possible because I believe it was only recently added to mame :rolleyes:

I think Outrun was in 0.36b. I'd personally love to have R-type added one day :p My dream game to be added would be Osman/Cannon Dancer but I don't think it would be possible because I believe it was only recently added to mame :rolleyes:
You could always play the PC Engine port of R-Type...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just waiting to enter shooter-heaven on the great Cave and Psikyo shooters-- e.g. DoDonPachi (ddonpach), Dangun Feveron (dfeveron), Guwange (guwange), ESP.Ra.De (esprade), Strikers 1945 I-III (s1945-s1945ii-s1945iii) ... most of them are 68000 based games. Using one of the quick 68k cores like Cyclone in DrMD, this may be attainable at 100% speed on the GP2x-- though, these games used 68k's at up to 16 MHz! That's double the MD's clockrate. So, with sound, it will probably be a bit tricky. But with good programming, I know it is attainable.

To me the only problem with using this older version is that so many classics still have no sound (ex: Phoenix, Zaxxon, Berzerk). The lack of sound makes the games unplayable to me. If a newer version was used maybe more of these would have sound working.

I'm just waiting to enter shooter-heaven on the great Cave and Psikyo shooters-- e.g. DoDonPachi (ddonpach), Dangun Feveron (dfeveron), Guwange (guwange), ESP.Ra.De (esprade), Strikers 1945 I-III (s1945-s1945ii-s1945iii) ... most of them are 68000 based games. Using one of the quick 68k cores like Cyclone in DrMD, this may be attainable at 100% speed on the GP2x-- though, these games used 68k's at up to 16 MHz! That's double the MD's clockrate. So, with sound, it will probably be a bit tricky. But with good programming, I know it is attainable.

I would love to see these titles too :)

Epicenter said:

A shooter-specific build would be brilliant -- imagine playing these vertically on the GP2X!

Epicenter said:

A shooter-specific build would be brilliant -- imagine playing these vertically on the GP2X!

Whoa there! Easy with your supposing-- I'm going to need new pants.

Epicenter said:

Whoa there! Easy with your supposing-- I'm going to need new pants.

Same for me! I would LOVE to have these great and mighty Cave shooters on my GP2X too! B)

Naples39 - Outrun on Mame always ran slowly.

You can play it now (I presume) on the Megadrive (Genesis) emulator on the GP2x - so no need to wait!

The Mame .102 version runs on the GP2X, but at 3fps - I posted a screenshot ages ago. Once I get any time for dev work, I'll have another go at it.

if you can get cadilacs and dinosaurs working fullspeed i will be your slave...

Back