Newbie questions

Amiga

Still Fresh
Been reading a bit about this device and starting to like it more and more. I have 3 questions though..

1. Can you use (or will i be able to use in the future) a joystick with Pandora? I have a few mint condition TAC 2's that i really would like to use.

2. Whats iControlPad?

3. What's a Nub? (except me being one obviously)

Regards, Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Been reading a bit about this device and starting to like it more and more. I have 3 questions though..

1. Can you use (or will i be able to use in the future) a joystick with Pandora? I have a few mint condition TAC 2's that i really would like to use.

USB ones? Already working :)

2. Whats iControlPad?

Basically, gaming controls for iPhone and other phones. You can check it out here.

3. What's a Nub? (except me being one obviously)

;) It's that analogue gaming control.

Nub sounds much better, especially when put in the context of 'i'd like to fondle EDs nubs' :D

And we don't want to sound like a 3ds spinoff, just eww

I believe the Tac 2's have 9 pin serial connectors, like the amiga, atari, and megadrive. You won't be able to use those without an adapter, the stelladapter is the most well known but it's not cheap, in fact you'd be lucky to find any 9pin-USB joysticks adaptors for under £30. Also, please note that 9pin to USB cables exist, and are cheap, but these will not work.

It can be done on the cheap if you're not afraid of modding. You can take a cheap pc gamepad and a female 9 pin serial port, crack open the pad and solder wires from each of the directional and button (usually these pads are common ground, so you will only need to have one ground wire) contacts, then solder those to the corresponding pins on the serial port using a pinout diagram such as this

Then either whack the whole thing into a project box, or you can just cut a hole in the pad casing and install the port there.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ This one might be a good choice, on that front. It's the one with the largest list of compatible controllers (and multi-taps!) that I'm aware of.

Thanks for all the replies. And yes i do have the 9 pin amiga/c64 joysticks so i guess i need an adapter in that case.

Back