New Tvout

There are 2 types of the cables, one is purple and I've seen it at Gp32z.com and the other one is the standard black.

Both have S-Video connections but the purple one has audio outs(male).

The black version has audio outs but female connectors. What this means is that you can plug in those RCA cables into it and then your TV, no biggy, and it also helps if you want to plug your GP2x audio outs into your home speaker setup which is farther away from your TV.

That is all I know of them, anyone who has both please comment.

We should have the new TV cables today, will be testing them all before they go on the website, if the early tests are 100% good they will be on by monday night.

There are 2 types of the cables, one is purple and I've seen it at Gp32z.com and the other one is the standard black.

Both have S-Video connections but the purple one has audio outs(male).

The black version has audio outs but female connectors. What this means is that you can plug in those RCA cables into it and then your TV, no biggy, and it also helps if you want to plug your GP2x audio outs into your home speaker setup which is farther away from your TV.

That is all I know of them, anyone who has both please comment.
I have the standard black one. i have yet to try it out, as I need to buy adapters for my tv (im prolly going tomorrow). Are there any problems/issues unique to the black one I need to know about?

Last edited by a moderator:
you misinterpereted what i said to be a negative comment and i got pissed off especially with that "moz"'s comment, i suppose he'd rather people not pledge donations to devs for their hard work at all then

Why don't you just donate to the devs we have then? Those bounties in your sig just make you look ungratefull for what we already have. I have already donated to devs but I don't go around advertising it or promising to donate when things I want are full speed with sound with skinable frontends. No emulator will ever be perfect so why not just donate to devs who are working on things you want rather than promising to donate when they are perfect?
i have nothing to add as Iorgy summed it up perfect and thanks for the news Craigix.
Its going to be great once the 2x is officially released with a "release" firmware.

Paradox:(and oh, ive donated a fair share of ££$$ to devs and made chatboards and wil continue to donate once again when im into 2x, peace out)

you misinterpereted what i said to be a negative comment and i got pissed off especially with that "moz"'s comment, i suppose he'd rather people not pledge donations to devs for their hard work at all then

Why don't you just donate to the devs we have then? Those bounties in your sig just make you look ungratefull for what we already have. I have already donated to devs but I don't go around advertising it or promising to donate when things I want are full speed with sound with skinable frontends. No emulator will ever be perfect so why not just donate to devs who are working on things you want rather than promising to donate when they are perfect?
i have nothing to add as Iorgy summed it up perfect and thanks for the news Craigix.
Its going to be great once the 2x is officially released with a "release" firmware.

Paradox:(and oh, ive donated a fair share of ££$$ to devs and made chatboards and wil continue to donate once again when im into 2x, peace out)

You know, I understand the frustration of the two of you with people having bounties in our signatures, but why do you get offended when people put how much they donated in there? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. When I read "I donated $10 to Reesy for DRMD, you should too" I felt compelled to donate as well. It's more of a bad move to call people out when they're trying to garner support.

I personally don't use DRMD or any other emulator at the moment with exception to gngeo. I've been waiting for pepone to post a paypal account to send money to, but he hasn't yet. So how exactly am I ungrateful? Just like moz said, he will donate when he gets into the gp2x. He doesn't use any of the emulators at all right now... so why should he donate?

You guys are being a little too sensitive. Because I have a bounty in my signature, it doesn't mean I won't donate to other developers. It could be worse... I could be leeching off the community and not contributing at all, or I could say I'm making contributions and not actually do it.

And on top of that, most developers say "I'm not motivated by money" anyway, so where's the harm in it? I'm not buying people off. I am contributing what I can to further the development of this system. If that's a bad thing, then I suppose I'm a bad person.

But my sig will stay how it is.

I never said I was offended by anything. I don't mind if people put how much they donated in their sigs, I never said I had a problem with it. I just choose no to.

These bounties are unrealistic and make it sound like "Give me perfection or I aint giving you squat" I believe donations may help motivate devs because they know people do actually use the program/game/emulator enough to say "hey this is worth some cash here you go" I just think unreachable bounties sound ungratefull.. each to their own, do what you like. So what happens if you get Samurai Showdown 5 at frameskip one with sound? You get to play it and the dev misses out on some of your cash.

I never said I was offended by anything. I don't mind if people put how much they donated in their sigs, I never said I had a problem with it. I just choose no to.

These bounties are unrealistic and make it sound like "Give me perfection or I aint giving you squat" I believe donations may help motivate devs because they know people do actually use the program/game/emulator enough to say "hey this is worth some cash here you go" I just think unreachable bounties sound ungratefull.. each to their own, do what you like. So what happens if you get Samurai Showdown 5 at frameskip one with sound? You get to play it and the dev misses out on some of your cash.

That is a goal to beat the size of the graphics roms that exist with the MVS system. Pepone has found a way around the limited amount of RAM that the GP2X has already. I am already prepared to donate some to him because he's doing an excellent job on the emulator, but he doesn't have an account set up yet. When sound comes in, I will most likely donate the full amount in my signature to him.

The second one in my sig is about a shell replacement. That one was aimed at developers who wanted to develop, but didn't have any ideas. That one is purely for me, it's just something I want but don't have the skill to do.

From what I've read, people have said the GBA emulator isn't possible. For that reason, I'm willing to donate to an emu I will most likely not use, but I am interested to see.

The bounties in my sig are goals, not all-inclusive reservations for exactly what I want. When I start using Squidge's SNES emu, I'll donate to him as well. When I start using the PCEngine emulator, that will also get a donation.

Back