New !!!! : Tomak Compo

falken80

Certified Guru
MAKE A GAME TO YOUR FAVOURITE HANDLED : THE GP32
http://tomakcompo.gp32france.com

SEND YOUR GAME OR AN HTTP/FTP LINK ON THIS EMAIL : TOMAKCOMPO@yahoo.fr

- The closing date of the competition is May 1st 2004 at midnight your local time, all entries must be submitted by this date to TOMAKCOMPO@yahoo.fr with the subject 'TOMAKCOMPO 2004 Entry'.
- A 'game.txt' containing the following information should be included with the entry: Your name, email address and a brief description of the entry.
- 3 screens of your game ( TITLE SCREEN + 2 SCREENSHOTS )
- No splash screen or a mention of the competitions name 'TOMAK COMPO' and also 'www.gp32france.com' (depending on the machine your entry is) in the entry.
- Your entry must be fully working on hardware as this is what all entries must be judged on.
- There is no limit on the file size of the entry.
- You can enter a no-violent game if you want to :)
- No Emulator accepted.
- You may port an existing Game. If you are doing this please try to get permission from the original author as they may not like people possibly winning a prize from their original work.
- Ripped GFX are accepted ( but nintendo rippes gfx are not accepted )
- You can convert your prize to KRW Mileage if you want.
- Multiple entries may be submitted, but you will only be eligible to win one prize.
- You can form a team for the entry but you will be responsible for sharing the prize(s) between your team.

http://tomakcompo.gp32france.com

more competition, many people ends his game projects, or demos, and more movement in the scene!!!

goods news at the end. and good reward ;)

Good news.

No splash screen or a mention of the competitions name 'TOMAK COMPO' and also 'www.gp32france.com' (depending on the machine your entry is) in the entry.
Is that "No" supposed to be there or is it a mistake?

No Emulator accepted.
:p GBAX2004 wins!

I think that zodiac and gba will win on gbax but a real gp32's game contest is better.
It is sad to see that the emulators always win the contests and that kill the game development on the gp32.

fenix port are accepted.

GBAX2004 wins because it has more features (Emulators accepted). I said GBAX2004 wins because it has that extra edge over the Tomak competition, plus, GBAX2004 is more known.

Original games are great, but I think the reason why people tend to favor EMU's and ports more is because they desire commercial quality games (probably due to the lack of good commercial games for the GP32). With an emu, you already get tons of commercial quality games, and a port is one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that orginal games suck or that you guys (People who make original games) don't matter, it's just that, IMO, and I know that coming up with a concept for an original game can be really hard and I'm sure the coding is no walk in the park, but I think, most original games aren't up to par with most people's standards. The only ones I can think of that I think would be commercial quality would be PerfectFit (Just add music and it's perfect), Gloop, (Does gigas engine count?), GP Darts, (and some others that I am forgetting) (Keep in mind that there are many games that I haven't tried). Unfortunately, it's just the way things tend to be. For example, on GP32 EMU, under GP32 the only choices are Emulators, Ports, and Applications (no games, just apps). Where are the games?

Good luck to you guys ! :)

The GP32 really lacks of good homebrew games. Can't we just forget a little emulators ?

Azure, I believe this is not a compo between compos.... I think falken80 has a point, emus are great, but most of the time the games that needed more time than an emu conversion, come after them because the judges liked the games than run on the emu...

Back