New Skin/gp2x?

Is it Firmware 2.x.x or Firmware 3.0.0? 3.0.0 doesn't have any skins yet as they haven't given us a program to make them with.

For firmwares 2.0.0 through 2.1.1 you just copy the skin file to a folder called skin on the NAND. To do this you plug in the usb cord and in the "Settings" menu select "USB" then select "NAND Memory". Then make a new folder called "skin" and put your skins in it. After that you can go to "Settings" then "System" then "Skin/Theme" and change the skin. Press B to save changes.

I'm stuck.

I can change to a different skin, hit B to apply it....looks great. But the next time I restart the system, it's back to the default skin.

Running 2.1.1.

Help?

snart posted on Feb 25 2007 at 06:34 PM said:
I'm stuck.

I can change to a different skin, hit B to apply it....looks great. But the next time I restart the system, it's back to the default skin.

Running 2.1.1.

Help?

You need to reinstall the 2.1.1 firmware. I have experimented the same issue and I have reinstalled the firmware from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 then 2.1.1 and it all worked fine. My error I think was to forget pushing the 'select+start' option when booting the gp2x to install the 2.1.1 firmware.
So what is the bootup screen is showing? 2.1.0 or 2.1.1?

Last edited by a moderator:
ckaloc2002 posted on Feb 26 2007 at 02:44 PM said:
snart posted on Feb 25 2007 at 06:34 PM said:
I'm stuck.

Running 2.1.1.

Help?

You need to reinstall the 2.1.1 firmware. I have experimented the same issue and I have reinstalled the firmware from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 then 2.1.1 and it all worked fine. My error I think was to forget pushing the 'select+start' option when booting the gp2x to install the 2.1.1 firmware.
So what is the bootup screen is showing? 2.1.0 or 2.1.1?

I tried that. Went back to 2.0.0, upgraded to 2.1.0, then 2.1.1. Both startup and utilities menu say 2.1.1.

Can't get skins to save.

:(

I downgraded from FW3 to 2.1.1 and have exactly the same problem, the skin setting cannot be kept. Any help please?

I have started skinning FW 3.0.0

Read more
here

Back