New Shoulder Button Idea...

Aether Lion

Staff member
Halfway Between Hell and Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Why not, instead of just having 1 set of shoulder buttons, have 2?

Why not just increase the width of the buttons (Yes, there is enough room to do that!) and then cut them in half?

So...here is a quick sketch-up of what it would look like:

Pandora Shoulder Button Layou.png

See? It looks like it would be a little difficult, but it is a lot less difficult, when playing an intensive First person shooter, and having to take your finger off the d-pad, which if you let go, you lose your aiming, to press the damn Q button to shoot, so that when you do shoot, you are off the enemy, and it shoots you. Game Over.

It would be a nice upgrade to the Pandora!

Cheers,

~Polukus~

Well askarus modded his original pandy and his 1ghz pandy. havent heard about anyone elese.

Edit. what the trashy meister said.^^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
There are already people who have two shoulder buttons, you are way behind.
If what Wrath of Khan says is true, that means only one other person has done it, and it is not even the same setup, I was saying have them side by side, not stacked on each other.

>.>

Well it would require a PCB and Case redesign for one, which would cost a ton of money that the OPT doesn't have..

I think only two shoulder buttons are planned for the pandora 2 as well, though some suggested 4 like on the ps2/ps3 controllers.

If the ICP2 is truly the primordial soup of the Pandora 2 input than every indication is that it will also only carry two shoulder buttons. I still very much like the idea of having the pads available for hacking as opposed to adding to case manufacturing costs.

Polukus, the way you want the shoulder buttons would be harder to implent than Askarus I believe plus I think harder to use but that's just my opinion on the matter. You can always mod your pandora I believe they're two inputs sites on the board to let use the extra shoulder buttons if you so desire.

You know, it has always struck me a bit oddly, how the Pandora is often showcased with a display of "look how well all these PSX games run on Pandora that you can play with built-in REAL GAMING CONTROLS!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ." Yet the Pandora is missing that often very crucial dynamic duo of L2&R2. :(

The fact that so few people have modded their Pandoras to add in that missing pair should never be taken as any sort of indication that they are unnecessary or unwanted. There are just far too few people with the necessary skills or confidence(or perhaps money, or time, or etc.) to make the modifications themselves. If L2&R2 were there, I have no doubt that most people would make extensive use of them. Leaving them out of Pandora2 (or some Pandora2-like device, if EvilDragon ever decides to go down that route) shouldn't even be an option, and it is quite a shame that our current Pandora doesn't have them built-in either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back