Current Wiz Emulator Situation

I own both a Wiz and a Dingoo and am a first hour pre-orderer for the Pandora.
In my humble opinion the Wiz is way nicer than the Dingoo.

First of all the screen is superior!
2nd of all the sound is superior! but that's not hard at all because the dingoo speakers are crap
3rd of all the OS is superior
And so on, and so on.
It's twice the price but you'll get a unit that has a more finnished feel to it.

To be honest, I hardly ever even pick my Dingoo up anymore. Also I had to hard-reset my Dingoo multiple times already and haven't crashed the wiz yet.

There's a couple decent games on both machines but I noticed some are too demanding on the Dingoo. Like Metal Slug for instance, when there's a lot going on on the screen, it just slows down to 2 fps.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that imo the Wiz is a more mature machine

torpor said:
I've still got my Wiz and I plan on still doing stuff on it after I get my Pandora .. I'd do more for it now, but there is too much confusion about how to use the 3D libs to get OpenGL ES working on it. If this were sorted out, and we didn't have to resort to non-official sources for the necessary files/libs/headers, then I'm sure the Wiz would get a bit more developer love.

Might be also good if there were an effort to collect the various open-source apps that run on Wiz into a single collection, somehow .. this might prompt other developers to contribute a bit more often.

So Wiz is a difficult hardware to develop for? Is the whole problem with the 3D libs? What sort of confusions? Can't we just develop 2D in the meanwhile?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back