New N-gage

The other major fault I see is that you have to disassemble the phone and remove the battery before you change the game cartridge. That really put me off.

Squidge posted on Mar 26 2004 at 11:34 PM said:
The other major fault I see is that you have to disassemble the phone and remove the battery before you change the game cartridge. That really put me off.
Says that they are addressing that. I think this sounds interesting, at least Nokia are listening to their customers (or could b customers :p).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but the funny thing is that after they showed it off in the exhibition, everyone said the N-Gage will be a failure because you have to remove the batteries to change the games...
Nokia ignored it... and now look at this ;)

i think the n-gage had its chance and blew it, the psp will take over the mainstream handheld market from here on.

They'll have to charge $500 for this console to make up for the millions lost on the original system.

Yeah N-Gage was probably the biggest handheld flop ever. I dont think Nokia can pull out of this one. They were going to have a hard time initally just because they are competing against the big N. Now with the exessive failure of N-Gage and with PSP coming out and many other new handhelds on the horizon or already available (i.e. Zodiac), Nokia doesnt stand a chance.

Personally I wouldnt care if it cost $10, and was a P4 3ghz under the hood, with a "postage stamp" size game screen they might as well not even try.

TelcoLou posted on Apr 1 2004 at 09:47 AM said:
They'll have to charge $500 for this console to make up for the millions lost on the original system.
Not entirely, we are talking about Nokia here. They are the Microsoft of the phone industry and will just spend spend spend until people do like it.

are we not forgetting that we are all gamers here ?

the games on the n-gage beat the shit out of the gp32 ones... sad but true you can't ignore it...

postage stamp.. it's fine.. as with anything worthwhile, just takes some time getting used to...

i got mine for £75 pay as you go - and i use it way more than the gp32 these days..

yup its a phone etc - the best one - an it plays emus - so that's good.. nes.. gb.. c64.. speccy and mame so far...

reads ebooks and things.. obviously with the o/s has a great notepad, diary blah.. email, gps etc..

plays videos - has realplayer built in and a 30 min fawlty towers is 15mbs...

plays mp3s and oggs..

has built-in stereo fm radio...

has *new* games unlike the gp32.. not only the thousands of the best java games for phones work on it - but the ngage games are very good...

i dont understand the hassle with it.. i think it's better to have on you than a gp..

Games better than the GP32 games? HAHAHAHA almost fell out of my chair there sorry.
Lets see ASR or Blue Angelo or Goddess Saga or any number of those games on the N-Gage. All I see are some tiny, low poly count 3d games, with a few exceptions.

Even so, even if it had full working ports of UT2k4 or Doom3, with a screen the size of my thumb, its not even worth it. GBA is bad enough, N-Gage is just horrible.

I have about 7 game mag subscriptions, and each one WITHOUT FAIL, gave the N-Gage the worst reviews they have ever given any game or hardware.

The stores near here went from selling it without any games for $300 (the launch price) to selling it with 5+ games for $150 (in less than a week!) just to get rid of their stock.

It doesnt matter if they fix all of the issues, no game store is going to want to carry their product again. They will have to take a serious hit and sell them for an extremely cheep price to get the stores to actually take them.

As you can tell, I hate N-Gage with a passion.

Most people are holding out for PSP, NintendoDS, etc... Systems by well known and experianced console developers. N-Gage doesnt really have a big market. Most everyone in its limited market already forked out $200-$300 for the first unit, and are not about to fork out another $300 for a new unit.

This is VERY annoying for the people that have gone out and spent all that money on one... How longs the N-Gage been out?? a Few months??...

No the PSP screen size has not been announced yet, the only thing known about the screen is its a 16:9 Widescreen TFT LCD. (unless there has been some updated info that I dont know...)

I never had a problem with the GBA screen until I played my GP32. After two weeks of GP32, I looked at my GBA screen in disgust and gave my GBA to my 5 year old.

Akuma no Houkon posted on Apr 2 2004 at 11:52 AM said:
No the PSP screen size has not been announced yet
??????? I heared that the PSP screen is 4.5"

n-gage 2 will be good i think.

n-gage sucked. but hey theyre noobs and phone maker. i own an n-gage and got a lot of survey calls from them and i suggested everything and actually started yelling ta them. lol

hopefully they will learn from theyre folly on n-gage and make n-gage 2 something worth the money

Back