New Hope For Android On The Pandora?

Pleng

Hi

Don't really pay much attention to the Pandora scene so I don't know if anybody's already discovered this or not, but there now seems to be phones using the same chipset as the Pandora and they are running Ice Cream Sandwich.

I don't know how much work would be involved in getting the ROM running on a Pandora, but I guess it's a nice start, if anybody is interested in taking on the project.

So it isn't. I admit I just read the specs below and assumed it was the same SOC as the looked (to the untrained eye!) so similar.

ARMv7 processor
----CPU Frequency: 1GHz
----GPU renderer: PowerVR SGX 531

How do those compare to Pandora anyway? Better, worse?

The processor is Cortex-A9, so that's better, but it's hard to find any real extra information on the SoC.. it's using this for what it's worth:

http://www.mediatek.com/en/Products/featured_content.php?sn=11

No I didn't know. I've been well out of the loop for a long time. That's pretty interesting news; which version does it run?

ICS
Notaz made it an easy to use PND that shuts down most of the built in OS before bringing up Android, it can't be installed directly, but if Android is what you want to use there's no reason to never shut it down.
It's not flawless, any overclocking you want to do has to be done before starting it (but can be tweaked down once running, I think) and there's something else about the wifi that I'm forgetting, but for the most part it runs pretty well.

All intersting stuff.

I don't have a Pandora any more so there's little more I can do with this information other than absorb it, but it's "all good stuff".

Back