"New" games added to the Humble Android Bundle 3

NLS

Those who pay above the $6.28 average now also get the contents of the first Android Bundle, which includes World of Goo, Osmos, Anomaly and Edge along with the rest of the games from the bundle.

ED already showed off a video of World of Goo running under Android on the Pandora. I'll check out if the rest of the games run once my Pandora is shipped and arrives.

(though that will probably be after the deal is over, so dont rely on me :p )

More info at http://www.humblebundle.com/

The games are supposed to also work under Linux.... I wonder if the source is available or if the developers would be interested in compiling them natively for the Pandora.

The games are supposed to also work under Linux.... I wonder if the source is available or if the developers would be interested in compiling them natively for the Pandora.

They usually distribute tar.gz files as well, for self installation/compilation, but these are usually x86 code anyway. I do not think they would work under Pandora... but correct me if I am wrong.

Those who pay above the $6.28 average now also get the contents of the first Android Bundle, which includes World of Goo, Osmos, Anomaly and Edge along with the rest of the games from the bundle.
see here

They usually distribute tar.gz files as well, for self installation/compilation, but these are usually x86 code anyway. I do not think they would work under Pandora... but correct me if I am wrong.
no correction needed

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never purchased the Humble Bundle games for Android, but anyone could tell me if :

- you need to go through the Play Store to install these games for Android ? Or are they distributed as apk ? (I'd prefer apks for Pandora...)

- EDGE is a good game or not ?

- EDGE works on Pandora/Android ?

I'd consider getting this bundle only for EDGE (since I have most of the other games from previous bundles already) but I'd like to know if it works for Pandora first.

I have never purchased the Humble Bundle games for Android, but anyone could tell me if :

- you need to go through the Play Store to install these games for Android ? Or are they distributed as apk ? (I'd prefer apks for Pandora...)
No, if you use the link that you receive after purchase ("Your humble Bundle order"), you get to a site where you can choose the platform you want the game for. Choose "android" and scroll down - you will find a form that after entering an E-Mail Adress will provide you with an E-Mail with a download link in it (apks)

- EDGE is a good game or not ?
Depends on your taste - in my opinion its a nice game, but nothing special - lost interest after 6 or 7 levels

But I highly recommend Osmos - bought it all way back with the first or second humble bundle for linux, and still like to play it (immersive soundtrack btw.)

- EDGE works on Pandora/Android ?
see the link of my previous post, short: works without problems, except rotation

Thanks thatgui ! I guess you just confirmed I will buy this bundle then. I will get EDGE, just to try it. Osmos, I had it on my desktop already from a previous bundle and I really liked it... but it's good to have it on Pandora, indeed :)

Okay, bought it and tried the games on the Pandora:

Anomaly HD: seemed to work (didn't play much)

Bit.Trip: Works... but I don't like the touchcontrols, somehow I always manages to access the in-game menu while playing

Edge: Works fine, but same here: Lost interest after a while :)

Fieldrunners: Didn't install. Either I need the second storage (haven't tried that yet) to install or it doesn't like the screen size.

SpaceChem: Forgot to download that, need to do that later.

Spirits: Crashes

Uplink: Complains about a too small screen

World of Goo: Runs perfectly

Osmos HD: Works perfectly, however, you can't zoom (missing multitouch). Played through the first 20 levels and had no issues, as the autozoom is working fine. When you finish a level, you have to go back to the menu to start the next level (as it uses a two-finger tap to advance to the next level). No biggie, that's just three clicks :)

So, if you don't have Osmos and World of Goo on your Pandora yet, it's recommendable. Especially as you get these and more games on your PC as well :)

Back