New Gpadvance Version - V1.48

Only GBA ROM I really want to play (at the moment) is Driver2... That errors out with the following Debug (don't know if this is helpful or not)...

Basically says that its loading - goes on for a while... Has the following in the log:

I: Loading Secion 0
IrqEnable=true
IrqEnable=true
IrqEnable=true
IrqEnable=true
W: Write into ROM from [0x1c0145d4] (CPUCheckDM...
W : Skipping Instruction

Any Help?

OK then (after a couple of key presses) it says:

in CPUCHECKDMA() : Section 0 already loaded

repeatedly

One thing is annoying -.-
Those long loading-pauses, you know? If you want to Play Games like YuGiOh (I tested it, how it works ;) )
it´s quite ok, but in games with better grafix you have to wait 6-8 times longer than on GBA argh ;)

But hey: I really didnt thought that a GBA-Emualtion would run.

Tschüsing DreamRider

Jees posted on Jul 28 2004 at 04:23 PM said:
Those long loading-pauses, you know? If you want to Play Games like YuGiOh (I tested it, how it works ;) )
it´s quite ok, but in games with better grafix you have to wait 6-8 times longer than on GBA argh ;)

Tschüsing DreamRider

3 things..
1) the emu is still in development
2) of course there are loading-times when you play bigger games than 4MB, due to dynamical-loading. remember, gp32 has only 8MB RAM.
3) if you actually want to *play* some games, i suggest running who wants to be a millionaire on 1.49 or mr.driller 2, soccer kid, international karate advanced and some others on 1.41 (fastest version, unfortunately no high compability)
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
argon0 posted on Jul 28 2004 at 03:08 PM said:
Only GBA ROM I really want to play (at the moment) is Driver2... That errors out with the following Debug (don't know if this is helpful or not)...

Basically says that its loading - goes on for a while... Has the following in the log:

I: Loading Secion 0
IrqEnable=true
IrqEnable=true
IrqEnable=true
IrqEnable=true
W: Write into ROM from [0x1c0145d4] (CPUCheckDM...
W : Skipping Instruction

Any Help?

OK then (after a couple of key presses) it says:

in CPUCHECKDMA() : Section 0 already loaded

repeatedly
Apparently, some gba games are not using standard SRAM for savegames, and I the ROM area is write-protected. It's not a huge problem, but I don't have much information about these games.

Jees posted on Jul 28 2004 at 04:23 PM said:

Tschüsing DreamRider
In the version 1.49, these is now 5 mo allocated for ROMs, so it should be a little faster than older versions.
For the moment, Loadings are 1 mbytes at a time, so it makes long pauses, but soon loadings will be 4 kbytes at a time, so it should be a little faster (more loadings, but much faster and expecialy more "accurate" loadings)

Wolfsclaw posted on Jul 28 2004 at 11:06 AM said:
no gfx bugs? strange, since mario golf uses the same engine as golden sun, and THAT game HAS many gfx bugs... ahh whatever.
I didn't try golden sun, but mario kart have a lot of gfx bugs, and we don't know why, so it is probably for the same reason.

Do you know which games are making same troubles ? Perhaps it would help to solve the problem.

moz posted on Jul 29 2004 at 03:54 PM said:
sonic pinball loads
I just use the GameGear version of Sonic Spinball on fSMS32. At the moment, the only GBA rom that I would like to play is Jazz Jackrabbit Advance and I can't because:

E: Data Abort Error in BIOS (0x00000000)
in gba (mode User)
r0=0x02002000 r1=0x04000000 r2=0xea000057
r3=0x02bffff7 r4=0x00000000 r5=0x1c03f290
r6=0x1c039478 r7=0x1c03f2c4 r8=0x1c03f2d4
r9=0x1c03f28c r10=0x1c79bfe4 r11=0x15100008
r12=0x00000250 lr=0x03002b58

Any idea on what causes this or how it can be fixed, or will it be fixed in the next release (here's hoping)?

enf65 posted on Jul 31 2004 at 09:47 AM said:
Wolfsclaw posted on Jul 28 2004 at 11:06 AM said:
no gfx bugs? strange, since mario golf uses the same engine as golden sun, and THAT game HAS many gfx bugs... ahh whatever.
I didn't try golden sun, but mario kart have a lot of gfx bugs, and we don't know why, so it is probably for the same reason.

Do you know which games are making same troubles ? Perhaps it would help to solve the problem.
from my own experience, i know that f-zero has the same bugs, and i bet konami krazy racers and a few other mode 7 reacers like digimon racers or gadget racers have them, too.
Btw, you said some games without SRAM might have problems in GPA, would it be possible to patch i.e EEPROM games to SRAM and then they would work ? Or what about completely removing save type?
and i hope you get an A+ for your school project, if not, the whole gp32 scene will come and slap all your teachers :p

Driver2....

Thanks for the reply Enf65 - I'll keep waiting then... Any ideas if/when you'll be able to fix this?

Do you think it'd be possible to patch similar games as Wolfsclaw suggests?

Argon0

For the savegames problem, in fact I could simply ignore writes into rom, some other games could run.

More generally, there are some errors that I could transform in warnings, for example Data Abort or Prefetch Abort.

For the moment, I am not working on the project, but I will resume soon.

bye

earth to all zeldagba lovers (which is definitely not on my top 10 best gba games list):
Play the SNES version! GPAdv is anyway too slow for *playing* right now at current version (if youre not using <1.41 but zelda wont work there)

sure i know i can play the snes version, which should work much better, still its great to see a rom working perfect on the emu.

Back