New Gp2x Site And Good News

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
http://www.gp2x.co.kr/

Well, you can check out the new site yourself... nothing much new, and now you need a Korean ID in order to download files. This is awful, as only Koreans can have those, and they take a long time to update the English site these days.

http://www.gp2x.co.kr/support/support_faq_...&page=1&part=01

This is the interesting part. This section talks about the USB Host. And why they decided not to include it. It's because they consider it a portable device, so if they included a host port, it would require the device to be plugged into an external power device.

They go on to say, that they are planning a new device that will have an internal large lithium battery, powerful enough to run USB devices without an external power device.

http://www.gp2x.co.kr/

now you need a Korean ID in order to download files. This is awful, as only Koreans can have those, and they take a long time to update the English site these days.

I wonder where their so called "open mind" is... :angry:

They sure know how to piss off customers...

There is probably a law in Korea that is forcing them to do so.

I think it is interesting though, that they play the 'nationality card' on their Korean page, as they strongly advertise it as 'beeing made in Korea' as if this was the most improtant feature :p

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's because they consider it a portable device, so if they included a host port, it would require the device to be plugged into an external power device."

There are battery powered USB HDDs and you can use USB host to link 2 GP2X together. And maybe you could use it to plug into a PC and get internet to the GP2X. There's other USB equipment that has its own powersupply like CD/DVD players, sound systems etc.

Oh, great...so it's good news that we'll soon need a new forum section for GP2X-F200 and a bin to throw our obsolete F100's in? They're already planning a successor before they've even released the GP2X. I'm sorry but I can't see any good news here. Bad move, GPH <_<

Oh, great...so it's good news that we'll soon need a new forum section for GP2X-F200 and a bin to throw our obsolete F100's in? They're already planning a successor before they've even released the GP2X. I'm sorry but I can't see any good news here. Bad move, GPH <_<

The good news is, most of us still have a GP32! :rolleyes:

Seriously tho, if they are already planning to release *another* gp2x, delaying the launch for *whatever* reason, and not taking care of their non-korean customers...

Who knows, maybe the XGP will start to look more promising...

What me worry, I have a GP32! :)

I see it as good news that GPH are planning something new after the GP2X, hopefully there will be something new after that aswell.

You could be forever waiting fo the next be thing which will be obselete in 18 months, I used to work in retail and there was a specific term for it (can't remember now) anywho...

Development is a good thing as long as there is long term goal, and plenty of momentum and enthusiasm from the community.

Oh come on! Each announcement from GPH sets the local drama queens off. It seems impossible that anything they do will be welcomed by everyone. It's very positive to hear that they're thinking beyond the current project. It would be wrong to expect them to stop developing new hardware. The GP2X release may be taking longer than first hoped, but it wouldn't be happening at all if GPH listened to people like you.

No, don't get me wrong. I know not to wait for F200. But it will definately not help F100 sales to already talk about a F200 as a solution to problems with the F100 (HD/USB/WIFI, etc). Old marketing rule: Never mention a successor with better specs in the introduction stage. You'll make hesitant customers wait.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just imagine how pissed off people must have been when it was announced that TV had been invented and they all had to throw away their obsolete radios.

no. he is talking about no changes between f100 and f200.
The handheld is the same, they only fix some engeener error.
So, the same stuff will run under both without difference, why i have to buy the worst?

GPH has mead 2 mistakes, first launching a game machine without usb host and network, second talking about their error fix for the next release before anyone can take a look for the first.

i'm sad, and as you say i'm thinking about cancle my order (with 1 month of delay) and wait for the next complete machine.

m2c

It's not really an error. It'll be a more expensive item. You will pay more and get a expensive battery built in, plus the extra USB host feature.

I don't want to pay more for this, so I wont when it comes out. I'll be happier with the F100 which is more suited towards me.

Will you also complain when it is released at a higher price?

I see no mistakes :ph34r: GPH never promised network support or USB host, you coukd also complain that there is no built in camera/tv tuner/GSM modem etc etc...

Also, where is the one month delay, the only date I can find from GPH is November 11th (I am presuming they mean this year :) )

i don't mean a mistake with evil purpose,
i think that is a commercial mistake, also because inside seems there is the chip that can handle host port (so no more expensive, but at the same price) and battery can be an optional stuff, just because there is a lot of device that does not need power supply from usb (HD, CD/DVD usb network and so on...)

More... in the faq they say they have an host port (that's another mistake) and again.. the shipping time was said at middle october, now they write november,
BUT
i'm happy as you my friend, i buy it in semptember and i take it also in december, no problem about.. only some ads to GPH to take care of their customer.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just imagine how pissed off people must have been when it was announced that TV had been invented and they all had to throw away their obsolete radios.

Really bad analogy there. The TV and the radio is not specific models of design but technological concepts. Also the TV was never intended as a replacement for the radio and it is still here 50 years later. Further, the TV was never introduced as a solution to problems with the radio before radio was even released. If it had you can imagine that it would have affected radio sales.

Back