New Genesis / Megadrive Game To Be Released!!

everyone on this forum has no doubt got/played hundreds or thousands of roms which have been attained through questionable means and no one here will surely dispute that so when someone comes out and says that they are going to download the rom AND buy the cartridge, who are they trying to fool???

Personally i'm not a big enough RPG fan to warrant buying it but out of principal i'll not download it until it has been discontinued from sale first. After all, the developer is just a fledgling company who are on our side, making niche products on a very small scale. It will no doubt be poor in comparison to sega's own efforts but good on them for being individual enough to give it a go.

x68000 posted on Jul 4 2005 at 01:07 PM said:
everyone on this forum has no doubt got/played hundreds or thousands of roms which have been attained through questionable means and no one here will surely dispute that so when someone comes out and says that they are going to download the rom AND buy the cartridge, who are they trying to fool???
Umm... I will.

I want to see more of these classic games that never made it get translated and released, and that won't happen unless the developer makes up for production costs and hopefully makes some profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Jul 4 2005 at 09:03 PM said:
Umm... I will.

I want to see more of these classic games that never made it get translated and released, and that won't happen unless the developer makes up for production costs and hopefully makes some profit.

why would you buy it and download it? it's just not gonna happen now is it?

x68000 posted on Jul 5 2005 at 08:01 AM said:
Umm... I will.

Oh, no, that would never happen! :rolleyes:

I got about 70 Mega Drive carts in the drawer next to me, and 40 boxed games on will buy this since its a collectable, and thats the market that they are targeting.

x68000 posted on Jul 5 2005 at 04:01 AM said:
Umm... I will.

Maybe you feel like pirating someone's hard work, but not everyone else does. I've got my genesis and several cartridges. It wouldn't be a strain to add another cartridge to the stack here.

AXNJAXN posted on Jul 5 2005 at 01:32 PM said:
x68000 posted on Jul 5 2005 at 04:01 AM said:
Umm... I will.

Maybe you feel like pirating someone's hard work, but not everyone else does. I've got my genesis and several cartridges. It wouldn't be a strain to add another cartridge to the stack here.

so how exactly do you play roms on your gp32? don't tell me that you extract the code directly from the cartridges? Any other method is most likely to infringe on many copyright laws, regardless if you own the individual carts or not. Not that i pass judgement on that as i'd be a hypocrite just like yourself.

Oh yeah, and i already have a great collection of japanese games on the x68000, super famicom, megadrive and mega cd, pc engine, saturn and dreamcast.

But whatever you say and do, don't act all high and mighty as if to say that you would never dream of downloading games you dont own as every person here has done it including yourself!!

This game aint new. It has been out there quite some time but only in chinese. Wrongly called "Breath of Fire" you can probably find some info about it if you search around.

Who here owns every game they have on ROM? Not me. Does it impose on my conscience in the least to download what is essentially abandonware from the software giants of last century? Heck, no.

But would I pirate an individual's game? No. If I was interested in it, I'd buy it, because I know what it's like to put time and effort into software.

And it's moot anyhow. Though I admire the effort and the quality product, I'm passing on it.

Why don't they do what the music industry does and simply SELL THE ROM ONLINE? It would save a lot of hassle, wouldn't it? ;)

Of course, the portability isn't too much of an issue for me since I have a Sega Nomad (the back-lit screen is a little nicer than my GP32's FLU despite being much blurrier; but in an RPG that doesn't matter).

The OlderGames website is a little bare, by the way; they don't seem to have any info on the games they sell apart from their names.

DemonStar55 posted on Jul 8 2005 at 01:28 AM said:
If I had a Genesis I 'd buy this, but I don't so I will probably jsut dl it... but I would rather have the carteradge than the rom

Hoh, I got two Genesises. :p

Genesii? Eh, Megadrive, actually. :)

AXNJAXN posted on Jul 5 2005 at 04:03 PM said:
Who here owns every game they have on ROM?

yeap i do :p my euro/jap megadrive collection

and i would buy the game to stick on the shelf with that lot if it came in pal format.

EDIT: dang, my website is down i wonder why images still work tho.. DOH, image linking dead now too :( try again when my sig works if it ever will again

EDIT 3: works now :) damn servers :p

Well, I think I will buy it just because it will be a brand new Genesis game that I will actually have money of my own to buy. Hell, I'm enough of a collector to warrant buying a brand new Gen cart for (almost) whateve retail price they decide on. I doubt it'll be anything extreme. And hell, I have a Gen 2, a Nomad, and a CDX, so why the hell not? I'm even planning on investing in an MD-PRO 64M flash cart for Genesis from tototek, then I'll be able to slap a rom of the game on there along with a bunch of other Genesis roms, heh.

But hey, it'll still be cool to play an original cart like that on my Genesis now that I actually have money to spend on something like that.

Why don't they do what the music industry does and simply SELL THE ROM ONLINE
I second that...
As it is an indie manafacturer I would definitely get it legal that way.

Back