New Genesis / Megadrive Game To Be Released!!

DoberMann

Germany -> Niedersachsen -> Ostfriesland -&g
Website
www.h4rm.de.vu
I think this sounds very interesting:

Beggar Prince will be the first American cartridge release of a Sega Genesis game in many years. An expansive RPG, the game is 4MB in size and features four save game slots (32KB battery-backed SRAM). While pricing details and exact release date are not yet decided, this game is definitely a "go", with the backing of the original company (C&E, Inc.) standing behind our efforts.

Take a look at their website:

http://www.beggarprince.com/

Screenshots:

bprince1.png
bprince3.png

bprince8.png
bprince4.png

Finally a new game for our beloved GP32 B)

DoberMann posted on Jul 3 2005 at 12:13 PM said:
Finally a new game for our beloved GP32 B)

No, it's not - or where do you plan fitting the cartridge in? ;)

Last edited:
Well, it's definately a good game an I hope I can grab a copy for my old Genesis :)

its fair enough getting old roms for the gp32, but somthing like this needs commercial success and to just go download it when it comes out to buy is taking the p*ss. It's not as if this is a Sega or Sony developed game. This is a brave move from a small independant company. Lets support them, not eradicate them.

x68000 posted on Jul 3 2005 at 10:23 AM said:
its fair enough getting old roms for the gp32, but somthing like this needs commercial success and to just go download it when it comes out to buy is taking the p*ss. It's not as if this is a Sega or Sony developed game. This is a brave move from a small independant company. Lets support them, not eradicate them.
Well, you can buy it, and then make/get a ROM for the GP32. That's my plan because I really don't feel like digging out and connecting up my Genesis.

However, I really want to support this because that could lead to more lost gems being translated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably have to contact them?

I'm not entireely sure how distribution would work, but I imagine it's fairly limited. The people who do Homestar have released Atari cartridges lately, but those are hard to come by too.

Most likley some one will convert it to a ROM file that's not the problem. I doubt that DR.MD will be able to emulate it as it will only do about 60% of the Genesis games out there, so it owuld be a flip of a coin...

Even if it's a good game, how many of us will drag out our old Genesis from our closet and hook it up, pay the full MSRP, wait for shipping, and play the sucker on a TV?

The whole appeal of emulation is not just a matter of selection. Part of it is the means of consumption.

It's much easier to click and play while you're already at your PC than to leave, set up a game console, blow the cartridge, change the channel, and play it without any of the features unique to emulators, like save states.

Sure, I'd like to support independant developers who develop for consoles, but if I'm going to play the game, I'd prefer to have the choice to have the ROM.

AXNJAXN posted on Jul 3 2005 at 06:04 PM said:
Even if it's a good game, how many of us will drag out our old Genesis from our closet and hook it up, pay the full MSRP, wait for shipping, and play the sucker on a TV?

The whole appeal of emulation is not just a matter of selection. Part of it is the means of consumption.

It's much easier to click and play while you're already at your PC than to leave, set up a game console, blow the cartridge, change the channel, and play it without any of the features unique to emulators, like save states.

Sure, I'd like to support independant developers who develop for consoles, but if I'm going to play the game, I'd prefer to have the choice to have the ROM.
Agreed, but if you want to support the developer, you have to buy the cartridge.

shinneri posted on Jul 3 2005 at 06:49 PM said:
AXNJAXN posted on Jul 3 2005 at 06:04 PM said:

Agreed, but if you want to support the developer, you have to buy the cartridge.

Oh, absolutely. What I mean, though, is that even if I buy a cartridge, I'd still play the ROM.

Back