new firefox for mobile devices, looks awesome

I know the Pandora is powerful but I want to save that power for important tasks, which does not include running a excessive bloated browser.

Is there an open source WebKit based browser for small screen devices? That would be ideal.

But will we be able to run firefox from the normal Pandora's Os without booting into Xubuntu etc?

the_darkside_986 said:
I know the Pandora is powerful but I want to save that power for important tasks, which does not include running a excessive bloated browser.

Is there an open source WebKit based browser for small screen devices? That would be ideal.

It may not be the best browser, but regarding loadingtime and speed, I think microB is not a bad choice. I've used it for nearly a year, and didn't have a site that didn't work. Even komplexer sites like my eBay are displayed as they should. Firefox in the video had a very long startup time, microB is there in two seconds. It may lack some features, but flash, youtube also work, so it is an ok compromise. I've used mobile IE and Opera mobile in CE and they are far inferior. I remember talk about a WebKit bowser for maemo, but if there was a good one, I would have tried it by now.

I've been thinking about the browser situation and I think what would be good is a browser that does not use scrollbars at all. Instead the whole page would load like a virtual desktop. Left stick/touchscreen would behave like the mouse and the right stick would scroll around the page.

Thoughts?

Back