New Ebook Reader App

for a long while i was struggling with shell scripting ... linebreaks are a bit of a brick wall ... sure you can concat lines, but it starts getting confusing and messy

then i presented the problem to a friend of mine and he whipped up a python script to strip out single linebreak characters and leave double linebreak characters alone. perfect to format eBooks to use w/ this text reader or gamepark's default!

Code:
MAGIC = "\23\45\56\35"
s = open("klf.txt").read()
s = s.replace('\n\n', MAGIC)
s = s.replace('\n', ' ')
s = s.replace(MAGIC, '\n\n')
print s

edit: on my kubuntu linux desktop this python script only works if the source text file has unix style line endings ... dos line ends will cause spaces to be inserted at the start of every line!

I generally like serif fonts when sub-pixel AA is on, although I'm starting to think sub-pixel doesn't actually look very good on the gp2x screen (mk2 at least, never seen the older one) there seems to be too much separation between the pixels, making the AA less effective and colour fringing more apparent.

yeah, that was apparent to me too.

i'm trying Cbook right now. how do you load a new text file? i'm currently viewing the readme, and pressing B doesn't do anything.

i'm just having a look at this prog now - i like it, but i'm having the same issue with the B button not working and therefore getting stuck in the text file. any ideas why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back