New Arcano version ?

Betty 2001

Is the the guy/Gal (?) who wrote the excellent Arcano out there ?

Is there a new version out soon with more levels maybe ?

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, it's a breakout clone
and I recomend everyone to try it ! (I can't remember where I got it from though :blink: )

I also would love to see a new version with more levels... no idea how easy/hard it is to do, but I only removed Arcano from my machine because I beat it too easily... with more levels the entertainment value would be well worth the SMC space!

As I said in my review - add a few more, retaining High scores, and hopefully outputting them to an encrypted score-file (in the same way Giana's Sister's is supposed to) - and the game would be nigh on a perfect breakout one.

I LOVE Arcano!

It's one of the most impressive things for GP32 IMO. It's like a version of Arkanoid if Jeff "Yak" Minter got his hands on it or something. :)

The vertical position is fresh and works fine. The game just needs much more of eveything - more levels, more stuff to do (i.e. powerups, multi-balls) etc. The animated backgrounds are wonderful, and I'd wish for even more designs and music to go with them.

Honestly, I'd pay a few dollars at JoyGP for an Arcano sequel like that.

My thoughts exactly... tis a game I'd pay for (although I prefer a free release, of course). The author could quite comfortably release it on JoyGP and make a bit of a profit :)

Back