Metal Gear Solid Clone???

bast525

Okay I scoured the downloads sections here and elsewhere, can't seem to find this.

In the new issue of the GP magazine, there is mention of a metal gear solid clone homebrew for the GP, which the writer describes as 'visually stunning'.

Anyone played this?? How well does it play? Where can I get it?

HOLY CRAP!! It's fully 3D... SWEET! Well I dunno just from that screenshot (which is all I get for now as I'm at work and can't play it here... I KNEW I shoulda brought my card reader with me today!!) but I would say that IS visually stunning as far as stuff I've seen on the GP so far. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Thanks for the link man... looks like there's quite a bit of other stuff on there I'd like to have as well!

Glad you like it, I got very excited when I first heard of it, but it was a big diappointment for me, certainly not stunning in any respect. I know it's 3D, but that's no blanket approval.

It's a great idea though and shows promise, maybe it will see further development. Apart from the graphics, the gameplay needs a lot of attention, then it would be brilliant. I always liked the VR part of MGS anyway...

...let us know what you reckon once you've played it.

®

Must admit, it looks excellent from the screenshots, but you get let down once you start to play it. I won't spoil it for you though by telling you it's faults.

Squidge posted on Dec 22 2004 at 03:04 PM said:
Must admit, it looks excellent from the screenshots, but you get let down once you start to play it. I won't spoil it for you though by telling you it's faults.
I had the same :( , but it still looks nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
3D with actual controlable polygonal characters is just a little bit more exciting than walking through boxes with a gun sprite infront of you. Not to belittle the efforts of those that create the Doom Wads and mods and such but FPS isnt everyone's cup of tea.

Enslaved posted on Dec 22 2004 at 08:40 PM said:
crappy MGS game and can play mods.
can you code? no... then watch your mouth and don't be so quick to put down peoples work

hardly constructive feedback is it :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a little slow for me but it looked the part with a little more speed it could be a great little clone.

Well I got it and played it, and was dissapointed... but...

mostly dissapointed because it has the damn grey bar on the top of the screen... killing the whole point of what looks like actually a pretty impressive looking game.

While it was basic, it was pretty fun, in the VR missions style... not bad at all for a homebrew. Thanks for that link I also found many other good homebrews I hadn't even known about (Xump ROCKS!).

The framerate in MGS isn't great but it's still impressive vs. most of the homebrew stuff I've tried so far.

I do need to try Quake.... but 5-7fps didn't sound like fun at all....

Back