New (and Heavy) Firmware Soon ?

Mr 2X

Website
lostsite.altervista.org
From Spanish forum:

Buenas:

GPH me ha confirmado que en breve se lanzará un nuevo firmware de Wiz que debe traer unas cuantas novedades y fixes, y que pesa... 800MB.

Espero tener más información sobre las novedades que traerá en breve. En cuanto sepa algo lo postearé por aquí.

También hay un pequeño retraso en la siguiente remesa de consolas, ya que van a preinstalar el nuevo firmware en todas. Debido a esto, es posible que nos quedemos sin stock durante unos días en H-G, aunque esperamos que no sea mucho tiempo.

Un saludo
Anarchy

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=65070

Google translation:

Good:

GPH has confirmed that I will soon release a new firmware Wiz to bring a few new features and fixes, and that weighs ... 800MB.

I hope to have more information on developments that will shortly. As you know something postearé here.

There is also a slight delay in the next batch of consoles, as it will preinstall the new firmware at all. Because of this it is possible that we ran out of stock for a few days in HG, but hope that is not much time.

Un saludo
Anarchy

Is it possibile ?   :huh: Can anyone confirm this? Or is it a joke ?  :eek:

That'll use up most of the NAND, yikes. Good thing I plan on using an SD card anyway.

...Still gives more space than the F100 though. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
its 83.1 MB and not 800 MB ;).

Regards

André

I'm a bit cautious of this 1.1.0 firmware... as it's not on Gp's website or anywhere else.

Can anyone confirm it's legit (anyone brave enough"]?[/quote]I think it is legit because I found it on gp2xwiz.co.kr.

Regards

André

Ahhh yes, I see it on the Korean site (not the Global yet)
So... another question: Will this firmware be in Korean? Will there be a seperate English language version on the Global site in the near future?

P.s. I've posted too late :p

Google Translated:
Wiz Firmware 1.1.0 Update History

1.NAND memory stabilization
. Changes to the file system, file transfer, this was removed, an error has been to increase the boot time a little.

2. Flash engine improvements
. Overall, performance has improved significantly, especially for content that contains Font speed improvements.

3. Add a pop-up operation, simultaneous work
. Listening to music, or picture books, comic books displayed on the screen with the Select key, go directly to the existing, but create a separate pop-up window you can choose to go to any menu.

4. Strengthening holdeugineung music player
. Hold the power button on top of the music playback mode, the screen turned off when the features are added automatically.
. Will light up the screen again if you could holdeugineung.

5. How to change the information display device
. Menu is displayed as a separate program and the firmware version.
v1.1.0, revision 222. Program of the menu is the current v1.1.0, is the firmware revision 222.

6.Improvements
- Photo / Image Comics in the order of the top-right corner of the viewer display (current / all)
- Add e-book in the viewer control the font size
-Hold the Lock icon at the top of the main screen display mode

7. In addition, the stabilization of the internal system

so is it safe to flash this to my new wiz i just got yesterday or do i need o slap on the handbrake emergency stop and wait abit for someone to confirm it works and in english and for the wright region uk.

So it supposedly greatly improves flash player support? Glad to hear it.
I haven't actually got my unit yet, I'm still waiting...

this firmware has to have english because it lets you choose the language in he settings area so if it is in korean just change via settings language.

what have they put in this firmware to bump it up 60mb more hope its not a load of junk ie videos etc.

and why the boot time increases.
what have they put in this firmware to bump it up 60mb more hope its not a load of junk ie videos etc.
My guess is thats its a full firmware flash rather than just an upgrade, which it'll need to be if they've changed the file system.

ok i got my handbrake up and gas down to the floor she is smokin at the rear can we have the go ahead to flash i can feel the handbrake going any minute now.

Well, I'll give it a shot...
If anyone has it downloaded already, thro it up on a free sharing site...
The KR server is slooooow.
-DEJ

Back