Beta Nethack

joseluisjazz

Since many people was interested in Nethack, I've ported it. The standard tty version for now, more will come.

Try it and see if it works well. The game, the terminal window, etc. Say if you have any idea for a default .nethackrc file with friendly defaults (color, DECgrphics, autopickup?), maybe even command rebinding to make it more comfortable to play in the pandora (use dpad and buttons for moving in the 8 directions?)

You can download it from the apps store.

enjoy :)

Thanks por pointing that out. :huh: I've blocked the app and I'll try to fix that permissions errors.

You've probably got a path issue somewhere, or perhaps its trying to write into homedir in one plakce while you've redirected to somewhere else previously, or something.

A random thought..

I forget particulars, but we had a mount-bug at some point, might be getting us here (or this could be a total red herring.)

I think that issue was that on occasion, a file included right in the pnd wouldn't like to be written back to, if it was in the root of the pnd; one option was to have most of the pnd-contents in a subdir in the pnd ("./runtime"), or to do something goofy like "if not exist in runtime, cp foo.dat ./runtime" on first run, to move files into the right place (and in appdata).

Or maybe it was on occasion not able to create a new file in pnd root? I forget now.

Probably not your issue, but you never know :)

In some of my pnds, I play defensively, and just have "cd ./runtime; ../myapp" type invocation, so that if it writes to current-working-dir it goes into appdata in myappdir/runtime and avoids any of that silliness.

But I forget if that was stil an issue or not,and its probably no your problem anyway :)

jeff

;) I told you don't touch that darn thing.

If you really wanna do it though (because i've been really busy) here's something that may help:

First, you have to touch those files:

touch [location of it]perm

They have to exist and you need permission to write to them as user. There are also a few files in there that needs to be written as well, including a save and dump folder. You have to touch those and mkdir those too.

Also, for anyone that wants to know how to change keys in an xterm window, (this one's specific for nethack, but you can edit it for whatever) here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3087441/nethackarm/xtermtranslate.sh

Anyone's free to use/edit that. Diagonals do not work, and are probably beyond the scope of this however.

Back