NES EMU without cartoon filter?

mjohansson

Supporter
I couldnt find a thread for either of the two NES EMUs I know of, GPFCE and I dont remember the other name, but both have a cartoon filter that cant be turned off dont they? Is there a reason for that? Isnt it possible to just double the pixels instead? Is the sourcode available to have a look at? How about having a repo for sourcecode so all available sourcecode can easily be found?

Bump!

Like the emu, don't like the 2xsai like filter that is always on.

Would the original GPFCE (fceultra) Pandora porters please re-compile without the graphics filter?

Thanks!

PS: Found a link to the source code of notaz's gp2x version here: http://notaz.gp2x.de...04_r313.tar.bz2

Last edited by a moderator:
GPFCE-GP2X (a GINGE-wrapped version for the Pandora) doesn't have the filter, if that's of any help.

Do make sure that your Pandora's default filtering option (it's in the Settings menu in Xfce, if memory serves) is set to simple pixel-doubling, though, or everything gets fuzzy-filtered. :p

Thanks Prometheus,

GPFCE-GP2X looks right with the LCD filter set to simple pixel-doubling.

I made a script that can set this automatically and return to the default settings on exit.

Videos look bad with the simple pixel-doubling.

I still would like to see the Pandora native GPFCE port without the 2xsai like filter.

Another option is to use mednafen. The nes emulator supports pixel doubling or stretching to 4:3 aspect ratio.

Back