NEON accelerated mplayer ???

For me the point has always been; it should be powerful enough to run 720p videos from all the devices with similar inards that already do. This would be a strong point of sale if it can save you time and raise efficiency by allowing you download a videos and slap it on your SD card without the extra step of forcing to re-encode, which is a pain.

I agree, transcoding h264 video is sloooooooooooooow. But I don't mind doing it. What is important for me is to achieve full resolution (800x480) H264+AAC flawless playback (no tearing, no black borders).

Do anybody know why are there black borders when in fullscreen mode? Am I the only one suffering this issue?

i have the black borders as well when using the omapfb output, i dont know of any workarounds yet other than not use omapfb and use x11 output instead (which well, mean video play slower)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the black borders as well when using the omapfb output, i dont know of any workarounds yet other than not use omapfb and use x11 output instead (which well, mean video play slower)
I tried a small video using omapfb and it played properly in a window, how are you starting mplayer?

in a window its fine. its the fullscreen that will show blackborders even if you play a video the same resolution as the pandora screen (those borders are actually cropped from the video). just using mplayer -fs -vo omapfb moviefile should allow you to reproduce the issue.

Back