Neogeo Games

Why would you want to play NeoGeo CD games when you could play NeoGeo MVS games? GnGeo is coming along nicely, with an overclock it runs many games with sound at perfectly playable speeds. Furthermore the site you linked to is showing MVS games not CD games.

Becuase neocd games are more based towards a console rather than an arcade machine.

I.E. saving, loading, fixed amount of credits, different difficultys, various extras.

the neo geo arcade and home systems are largely the same. pc neo geo emulators usually let you choose whether you want to play home or arcade version before you load a rom. im sure the current neo geo emulator could add that option. the only real difference is as you said having fixed credits or more options in the menu.

No the reason you would want to play Neo Geo CD games is probably because the code is different than the Rom versions, it assumes all the game data is streamed, hence a neo geo CD emulator would work work better with games that are larger than the available memory for the gp2x.

Have a look over the GnGeo2x compatabilty list here: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GnGeo2x

The streaming problem is *mostly* solved with dumpgfx, leaving only a few games that are still to large to load. The NeoGeo CD only has a few games that are exlusive to it, but the MVS has many games that were never released in CD format. Additionally while the Neo Geo CD solves the loading problem, it does so at the cost of massive image size (because of the music files), and additional cpu resources (the emulator has to decode mp3's AND emulate the sound hardware since it's still used for fx's).

I'm sorry to be acting like a police, but I do think it is forbidden to point at any rom site at GP32X...

Talyz posted on Feb 5 2006 at 05:25 PM said:
I'm sorry to be acting like a police, but I do think it is forbidden to point at any rom site at GP32X...

All that is on that page are pictures of Neo Geo games. Tone it down a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
fomit posted on Feb 5 2006 at 04:06 AM said:

Your pictures have pictures of Korea!! THATS ALMOST NORTH KOREA!! *fires guns

fomit posted on Feb 5 2006 at 11:06 AM said:

How on earth could he tone down "I'm sorry, I think..." :huh:

"ZOMG! WAREZ!!!! BAN HIM! HANG HIM!!!!!! GOD DAMN ***** ***** ***** ******!!!!"

That needs toning down. :p

Jarska333 posted on Feb 5 2006 at 10:36 AM said:
"ZOMG! WAREZ!!!! BAN HIM! HANG HIM!!!!!! GOD DAMN ***** ***** ***** ******!!!!"
Tone it down Jarska.

/Heh, misquoting is fun

why is it that soun emulaion is bad on gp2x oesn;t it have a decent sound Ip inside should bemore capable ofdoing so plus why not take advantage of the second cpu for sound

why is it that soun emulaion is bad on gp2x oesn;t it have a decent sound Ip inside should bemore capable ofdoing so plus why not take advantage of the second cpu for sound

OK, I'm not an emu programmer, but...

The sound hardware itself is not the point here (I think that's what you're talking about, sorry otherwise)- the problem is managing to emulate the main parts of a console, and decode/play sound at the same time. As you might imagine, doing both at the same time is going to be quite demanding to do, especially for more advanced/complex consoles.

i wish they used win ce for this device

Why? That would kind of cripple the "open" aspect wouldn't it? ATM, the sources may not be properly available, but they should be soon enough, and that is the whole point. WinCE is closed, and you'll therefore never be able to legally obtain sources for it to hack it and improve it.

but that is the os win ce is pretty adequate plus doing stuff like supporting video files and other stuff would be easier

Ah, I stand corrected on it being "closed". However, it is not "open" either, rather it is "shared". From the Wikipedia entry on this "shared source", however, it would appear that the ability to modify source would probably be restricted, and also it still would not be available to the general community, just the organisation buying the license- in this case it would be GPH (However, I'm not really good at interpreting statements like those, so this may well be a bad misinterpretation of the info on the pages)

plus doing stuff like supporting video files and other stuff would be easier

How's that?

Oh, and instead of double posting, you can use the "Edit" button :) Hope that helps ;)

well with win ce the support is already there for mkv and other advance containers

Back