Neogeo Emulation

eRETROnic

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
what emulator is the best i have one installed on the machine and when you load it it lists lot of games, the problem as well is half are shaded grey (obviously because roms are missing) and then the ones that are shaded red (roms present) most do not work. so what i need help with is 1, whats best emu and 2, locating the roms.

cheers :gp2x

Which emulator are you attempting to run the games with? I'm guessing GnGeo2x?

Have you read the readme file?

What happens when you choose a rom to run?

Not meaning to be the grammar police, but i counted 2 full stops in that whole mess. We have them things for a reason :) My apologies if english is a second language.

In my experience, GnGeo2x+Rage2x(just a frontend) has been the best NeoGeo emulator for the '2x.

The roms should be put in the 'roms' folder. In their respective .zip files.

EDIT: The directory structure of my GnGeo2x+Rage2x is as follows:

'/NeoGeo' - gngeo2x.gpe, mmuhack.o etc..
'/NeoGeo/roms' - ROMs in their .zip files and various BIOSes
'/NeoGeo/skins' - skins maybe?
'/NeoGeo/save' - savestates/memory card saves?
etc.

I am running rage2x.gpe and gngeo2x as you said,
unknown or unsupported romset is the message i get when i play one with the roms present.
They are in their zipped files in the roms dir ok, can anybody help directing me to the right romset?.

eRETROnic said:
unknown or unsupported romset is the message i get when i play one with the roms present.
They are in their zipped files in the roms dir ok, can anybody help directing me to the right romset?.

You can take a look at the RC files (they are just text files) if your ROMs match the filenames and sizes listed.

Alternatively, you can just search for torrents for the GP2X that contains ROMs formatted for GnGeo2X. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
eRETROnic said:

Like Majuu pointed out, you could get a torrent. If you have a MAME set you could try a dat file and make the gfx files yourself. I spent weeks getting my set in order (didn't want a torrent) so if you have the time, you can go ahead with that. To make it easy, focus on what you want to play and only make those sets work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back